PDA

View Full Version : Dario Argento's Phantom of the Opera dvd - HELP!

Funktion
01-07-2001, 03:31 AM
When I bought the dvd (as soon as it was released), I noticed the widescreen side of the disk had no spanish subtitles, even though there's a subtitles "slot" in the disk (the full screen side has the subtitles).

I checked 3 copies of the dvd in 2 players, and none had subtitles on the widescreen side.

Does anyone have a dvd with the subtitles in both sides?
If someone does, can you please tell me when & where did you get the dvd (in order for me to track a pressing with the subtitles in it, if one exists)?

thanks in advance for your help

Jason25
01-07-2001, 09:02 PM
I checked my copy and it DOES have the subtitles on both sides.

I honestly can't remember where I bought it, only that it was off of the internet. If I had to guess, I would say either Buy.com or 800.com.

Hope that helps.

BTW - I purchased my copy as soon as it was released.

DVD Connoisseur
01-07-2001, 09:10 PM
The one thing stopping me purchasing this DVD is the reported problem with the 5.1 soundtrack being out of synch. What are the chances of a re-release?

SantaSangre
01-08-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by DVD Connoisseur:
The one thing stopping me purchasing this DVD is the reported problem with the 5.1 soundtrack being out of synch. What are the chances of a re-release?

That track is awful! The first time I saw it I slammed Asia for her lipsyncing. I think the chances of a re-release are nil unless someone else buys the rights. A-Pix (the distributor) recently declared bankruptcy and are pretty notorious for bad treatment of imported films anyway.