PDA

View Full Version : Deep River Savages

Jason25
11-27-2000, 04:39 AM
I see that this is available at Sazuma. I'm a Lenzi fan and I'm wondering if this disc is worth picking up.

Does anyone have this dvd? How is the quality of this dvd?

Jason25
01-17-2001, 04:49 AM
Still waiting for my copy. I'm getting impatient waiting. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Ralph Mouth
01-18-2001, 03:30 PM
Some UK based company released it and Love Camp 7 - I forget their name. They are both full screen presentations: Deep River Savages should be 2.35:1, so you loose a lot of image. I think the pic quality isn't the best either.

Unless this is a new version out that I'm not aware about.

Lindane
01-19-2001, 09:19 AM
I got my copy from Sazuma like a month ago. What is it with them. Some stuff they ship fast and others take months. I ordered Dellamorte like 4 months ago and still havent recieved it yet. Im a big fan of the Cannibal flicks and own most of them. However, I really really disliked this film. It reminded me of Tarzan or some shit!! It just wasnt violent enough. Plus, its so widescreen you can only see like 1/4 of the image on your tv. I think there was one good scene with a beheading of a got though. Dont get your hopes up on this one.

Lindane
01-19-2001, 09:21 AM
sorry, I mean goat

Jason25
01-21-2001, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the info Lindane. I love Lenzi's films, so I was hoping this would be good. Thanks for letting know about the dvd.

Grampa Gruesome
01-24-2001, 12:16 AM
Don't just take Lindane's word for it. He/she is entitled to express an opinion about Deep River Savages but I completely disagree. I have to say that I was really surprised by this film. I was ready for a full-blown cannibal assault, instead what I got was a tender love story set in the jungle. Ivan Rassimov is perfect in his role as a western traveller who gets caught by a native Malasian tribe (I think), slowly becomes integrated, and finally decides to abandon civilization as he knows it to live with his new wife (Me Me Lai, in a role not too different than the one she was cast in for Deodato's Jungle Holocaust). So basically it was a relaxing love story with a little violence (a cannibal tit-eating scene and the inevitable Lenzi animal slaughter crap) thrown in for good measure. But it was far more touching and agreeable than I expected.

It's really worth a try. I'd like to know if this new EC DVD is a NTSC region 0 DVD. Does anyone know? And is it really a pan & scan transfer? That would be a shame.

Lindane
01-24-2001, 08:05 AM
I dont know man, If I wanted "touching" Id probably go watch Cassablanca or some Hollywood shit. I dont know about you but I watch these films for the violence and cannabalism not for romantic purposes. Ill let someone like Sandra Bullock or Michelle Pfeifer put me in that mood, not Me Me Lay or whatever that girls name is. But then again hes right Jason, you dont just have to take my opinion.

Jason25
01-24-2001, 04:28 PM
I'm just still waiting for my copy. My only complaint with Internet purchasing is the turn around time of some sites. I guess I shouldn't complain too much though since I probably would never find some titles I want without the Internet.