PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Image

betterdan
01-11-2001, 02:29 AM
Does anyone know Image Entertainment's email address or phone number for asking questions or leaving comments? I want to ask them what the hell is the deal with the shitty audio on their Twitch of the Death Nerve dvd. I want to know if they plan on repressing this if it was a pressing problem. I want them to fix the damn audio problem and recall all their Twitch of the "Deaf" Nerve dvds with this problem.

------------------
I have seen the new face of poverty and it is DVD...

Dave
01-11-2001, 02:36 AM
I've contacted Image on the problem. I'll post their response.

If you want to voice your complaints, I can only suggest webmaster@image-entertainment.com - Ask them to forward your email to the appropriate person.

OR, if people want to post their responses in this thread - somewhat POLITELY - I'll forward this thread URL to my contact at Image and ask him to take a look.

I'm going to close this in the Main forum and move it to the Euro Horror forum. It can go in either, but I'm thinking it'll probably get more replies for Image to see over in Euro Horror...

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

betterdan
01-11-2001, 02:50 AM
Thanks Dave you're the greatest. I hope Image will do the right thing and fix it fast before too many of these dvds get out into disappointed hands.

------------------

Jason25
01-11-2001, 02:56 AM
I agree. This dvd obviously has a faulty audio track and Image should own up to it and recall it.
I would love for everyone who owns a copy to politely voice their opinions so that maybe we can get this disc repressed.

hojimoji
01-11-2001, 03:35 AM
Since this is a Euro movie, which includes England, would the discs say "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"?

Sorry, I haven't had much sleep and the Monty Python seemed appropriate.

G.

betterdan
01-12-2001, 12:54 AM
returning this to the top

------------------

Jason25
01-12-2001, 04:35 AM
Let's get some more opinions on this disc guys. I'd like to get something done about this dvd. Bava deseves better treatment.

AceRimRat
01-12-2001, 08:27 PM
I haven't actually gotten this disc because of all the posts on this forum - and I was super-looking-forward to it.

If they redo the audio, I'll be the first in line to buy, but until then... I'll put my $20 elsewhere, I'm afraid.

Am I the only one who avoided buying this because of all the reported problems? (I mean, as opposed to all of you who found out the hard way?)

DVD Connoisseur
01-12-2001, 11:41 PM
AceRimRat, I cancelled my order on this disc as soon as the reports appeared in this forum about the quality of the audio track. Living in the UK, it would have been a pain having to send the disc back simply for a refund. I'll wait and hope that a corrected version emerges in the future. It's a real shame about this disc, I know a lot of people (including myself) were really looking forward to it.

Mark Relford
01-13-2001, 01:30 AM
My copy was already shipped out before the sound problems were reported. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif I'll watch it tomorrow and prepare for the worst!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

betterdan
01-14-2001, 01:30 AM
So Mark what did you think?

------------------

Mark Relford
01-15-2001, 02:23 AM
betterdan, the audio on Twitch was piss poor and that's being polite! (Did someone fall asleep in quality control?) There's nothing like constantly turning the volume up and down. It would've been nice if this disc had a subtitle option, cause trying to make out the dialog was a damn chore. What a letdown!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-15-2001).]

betterdan
01-15-2001, 07:33 AM
Dave have you heard from Image on this problem? I emailed them a few days ago but so far no response. It looks like Image has really let us down on this great movie.

------------------

Jason25
01-17-2001, 04:46 AM
I would hope that Image is taking this matter seriously. This movie deserves better and I'm hoping there will be a satisfactory resolution. Image, in my mind, has been fairly consistent and I would like to see their releases stay that way.

Dave
01-17-2001, 06:38 AM
Image basically had "no comment" I'm afraid. Doesn't look good...

------------------

betterdan
01-17-2001, 09:03 PM
Well if Image won't own up to the crappy disc then screw them. I will not buy another one of their dvds. Who wants to buy something from a company that won't even acknowledge their mistakes. Anchor Bay made a mistake with their Better Tommorrow disc and they are fixing those. This problem is even worse. The audio doesn't sound bad it sounds worse than any dvd I've ever heard including Diamond releases, Madacy etc. This is unforgivable! I tried to email them and they won't even email me back and explain their position. I buy a lot of dvds but Image will not be one of the companys I will buy from anymore. Image you suck!

------------------

Ralph Mouth
01-17-2001, 11:40 PM
I am still awaiting my disc so can't comment, but isn't it just a bit extreme to not buy any other Image DVD's on account of one disc? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Think about all the other discs they've done - surely they are entitled to one mistake? OK, so they haven't said anything about it yet, but it's no reason to get all bent out of shape.

I've read some comments by people that seem to think just because one disc is released with faulty audio, all of Images future releases will be the same. This is crap - wait for another disc if you want, but personally I'm looking forward to getting the disc - anything will be better than my old video bootleg.

betterdan
01-18-2001, 04:02 PM
Don't throw away that bootleg if you want to listen to the movie and hear what the people are saying. The fact is that this dvd is beyond shitty with the sound that's why I'm so upset and also because I have been waiting for this disc forever. If they could clean up the picture so much why not the audio? You will find out when you get yours.

------------------

Ralph Mouth
01-19-2001, 12:24 PM
Well, I recieved the disc this morning and have given it the once over. Nice packaging and notes by Tim Lucas, the extras are good, the picture is great and the sound seems OK. Not great, but OK.

It certainly isn't so bad you can't hear what they are saying, or make out what they are saying. But it isn't unintelligable. The sound FX during the meaty murders and the squid noises are great - my biggest complaint is at the end. I listened to that song that plays out the film which is such a great tune, and there is distortion there. I wasn't too bothered by that, but what DID bother me was they died out the music after "The End" appears on the screen!!! The music should carry on running after that as in my cut UK Redemption copy, which I will now be holding on to as a result.

But I'm chuffed with the DVD and look forward to watching it.

[This message has been edited by Ralph Mouth (edited 01-19-2001).]

betterdan
01-21-2001, 07:55 AM
That is ridiculous! You are bothered by the music not playing after the end appears at the end of the movie and you are NOT bothered by the distortion and crappy sound during the movie? What the hell is the matter with you? I would rather have good sound instead of some crappy sound after the movie ends. Here is a little hint, when it says THE END and the video fades out that means the movie is over (quit watching). What idiot would rather watch after THE END instead of the movie itself? I guess there has to be one in every crowd. Well have fun with your distorted disc as for me it's going in the trash if Amazon doesn't hurry and send that return label.

------------------

The Chaostar
01-21-2001, 10:21 AM
Wow! Behave yourself son!
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. That does not make him an idiot!

Now, I got the DVD from Amazon today and, yes, it sounds like shit. It shows that there was no work on the audio section and they should at least provided subtitles for the damn thing! The picture is stellar though. Refund! Refund!

My P.O.V.:
DON'T BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mutleyhyde
01-21-2001, 11:38 AM
Hey Ma!! Git out the lawn chairs and some fudge pops! We gonna have us a throw down!!Whoo-eee!

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Ralph Mouth
01-21-2001, 11:47 AM
Well Betterdan, I am bothered about the end music because I like it and wanted to hear it all. Simple as that. As for the distortion - stupid idiots like yourself are making way too much of it and its about time someone sensible pointed out that it isn't too bad. I sat through the entire film thinking what is the problem? I heard everything everyone was saying quite clearly, and there were only a couple of scenes with the teenagers that were problematic. Several other people have agreed with me on this. Just cause you don't like it don't slag me off and call me an idiot you sad, senile anorak.

[This message has been edited by Ralph Mouth (edited 01-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ralph Mouth (edited 01-21-2001).]

Dave
01-22-2001, 03:23 AM
Guys,

We don't like name calling around here. Enough is enough - everyone is entitled to their opinions. Kiss and make up...

http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------

Salisnoir
01-22-2001, 07:10 PM
The sound is unacceptable, there really should be no argument. I'm holding on to my BAY OF BLOOD disc, TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE VHS, and returning the Image disc as DEFECTIVE. If enough people return these discs, perhaps they'll remaster it properly.

Ralph Mouth
01-22-2001, 08:14 PM
Am I not entitled to my opinion?

I guess I haven't caught this ear infection that seems to have affected a lot of people. I thought everyone was entitled to an opinion and yet when I say the Image disc is alright not only do I get alot of patronising rubbish spouted at me and am called an idiot by this betterdan geezer, but I am also told the disc is "not acceptable, end of arguement" by you. I think there is an arguement that the disc, whilst obviously not great in the audio department, is perfectly acceptable. Like I have said, other people agree with me, I have seen web sites reviewing the disc that say it is acceptable also (dvdunleashed; mondo-digital), just cause you don't like it doesn't give you the right to say I am wrong. I will happily hold on to me disc and you guys can do what you please with yours - maybe you are just expecting too much from a 30 year old film.

betterdan
01-22-2001, 09:09 PM
First of all I am sorry for calling Ralph an idiot I was just kinda pissed about this disc. Maybe some discs don't sound as bad or something but mine definately is the worst sounding of all dvds I've ever heard. Maybe you found a good one Ralph or maybe the distortion really gets to me (but then again others have said the distortion is terrible for them too). It's weird how some say it's ok but others say it is terrible as hell. It's such a pity that they cleaned up the video so beautifully but didn't touch the audio. Oh well I've calmed down now but I will not keep this disc. Again sorry if I started any fighting. I am not mad at you guys just very disappointed in this release from Image.

------------------

Ralph Mouth
01-22-2001, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the apology dan - I really didn't set out to antagonise anyone here, I just posted an opinion and was taken back by the response I received and therefore responded in a way I saw fit: so I apologise also.

I will say it again, I didn't think the Twitch disc was bad and I was very happy with it - and I know a bad disc when I see one, I used to own the noisey First Fright "Dementia 13" disc complete with video scar lines going up and down the screen!!!

At the end of the day, neither of us are right, we are all entitled to our opinion. Cheers.

[This message has been edited by Ralph Mouth (edited 01-22-2001).]

betterdan
01-23-2001, 01:57 PM
Ok I got a new receiver (Pioneer w/ dolby digital and dts decoders GREAT!) to replace my old Sony Prologic receiver. I thought I would try the dvd again just to see if it made a difference in sound. It did, the sound is a lot better but still not as good as it should be. At least I'll now keep the disc.