PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare City from Anchor Bay!

The Chaostar
03-01-2001, 01:03 AM
It's true, AB has aquired the rights to the hilarious Lenzi flick. But why? How are they going to outdo the ITALIANSHOCK edition?

Jeremy
03-01-2001, 01:14 AM
How are they going to outdo the ITALIANSHOCK edition?

Is it selfish of me for hoping that they don't? Because I just blew $43 on the Italy Shock disc... :mad:

gunner
03-01-2001, 03:37 PM
Doesn't Anchor Bay almost always blow away the import versions? I haven't seen the import dvd of Nightmare City but I'm sure the Anchor Bay version will be superior.Going by reviews of past Euro AB releases (The Beyond,City of the Living Dead,etc.) it's always stated that the image is far superior to the EC (etc.) version.In the extra's department the recent import of Dawn of the Dead stood up better than AB but the image was reported horrible.And with AB rumored to be re-releasing a better version I'm sure this import will also bite the big one.

Diamondhead
03-01-2001, 04:00 PM
They also have the rights to Zombi 3, Hitchhike, and What Have They Done TO Your Daughters, among other recent acqusitions. Gonna be a good year!

gunner
03-01-2001, 08:14 PM
Well,if AB joins forces with the Grindhouse people again like they did with The Beyond it will probably have quite a few extras.Sage Stallone and Co. seem to be in pretty tight with Umberto Lenzi.I'm not too hyped about Umberto's commentary tracks though,it's really hard to understand him.The interview for the vhs release(of cannibal ferox)which also made it to the dvd is even harder to make out than the commentary.I would love to hear what John Morghen has to say about Nightmare City,it's been reported to be his favorite acting role.

Mark Relford
03-01-2001, 10:38 PM
Great news! Can't wait to see Nightmare City uncut! (I've seen the butchered TV version and that's about it.)
Hitchhike's a cool little flick. (Hess rules!) Hopefully, AB will get the rights to The House on the Edge of the Park.

Trout
03-02-2001, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by gunner:
I would love to hear what John Morghen has to say about Nightmare City,it's been reported to be his favorite acting role.

Was he in Nightmare city? I don't seem to remember him in it.

Jeremy
03-02-2001, 01:26 AM
Ugh. According to DVDManiacs.net, Anchor Bay isn't releasing What Have They Done to Your Daughters, but it's companion feature, What Have They Done to Solange. I hope somebody just got the two titles mixed up, which seems to happen. Solange is a good movie, but Daughters is much better.

Jeremy
03-02-2001, 06:21 AM
...What Have They Done TO Your Daughters, among other recent acqusitions.

[Doing brief dance of joy]

That is great news! This is an excellent thriller that has been obscure for far too long in this country.

As for Nightmare City, I have absolutely no doubt that the Anchor Bay version will have better image/sound quality than either of the European imports, good as
the Italy Shock apparently is. Plus, it'll be NTSC, which is good because I can only play PAL titles on my computer. But unlike other European imports (ie, most EC discs), the Italy Shock of Nightmare City actually has some pretty good supplements that I doubt will be on the Anchor Bay version.

Ralph Mouth
03-02-2001, 06:29 AM
I will be interested in seeing what this new AB DVd will be like. I have the Italian Shock disc and am more than happy with it picture/audio wise and AB will have their work cut out extra's wise. Ditto What Have They Done to Your Daughters?
Salvation films released it here in Blighty in a lovely wide screen uncut print. AB better provide something special if I'm to replace these.