PDA

View Full Version : Where is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Family Portrait???

Bengals777
12-26-2000, 01:41 PM
I'm new here so I'm sorry if this info is located somewhere else.

I preordered "Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Family Portrait" from an online retalier in November. The street date was 12/19 but it's still not out yet. The retailer shows the street date as still 12/19 but the DVD is "On Order"... Anyone have any info on a possible delay on this? Anyone have a reliable street date? Thanks for your help...

gunner
12-26-2000, 02:26 PM
www.dvdplanet.com (http://www.dvdplanet.com) has texas chainsaw:family portrait in stock right now.It does say the stock is low so I'd recommend being quick about it.

Jason Reynolds
12-26-2000, 03:19 PM
It's definitely out. I got mine from Buy last Monday.

-Jason

Bengals777
12-26-2000, 04:15 PM
Buy is where I ordered mine from too. But the status of my order is still "On Order"..

Jason, when did you order yours? I preordered in the begining of November, maybe I was too late...

Well, I just ordered one from DVD Planet, cheaper than Buy and in stock...

So, is it good???

gunner
12-26-2000, 04:28 PM
I have this on vhs and it is an interesting documentary.I have passed up on the dvd only because it seems to be the same old thing on disc,nothing extra except remastering.There is a documentary out on the texas chainsaw massacre in the UK on dvd I believe titled "the shocking truth" if memory serves me correctly.That documentary has alot of never before seen things like a tour of the family house by gunnar hansen,tcm reunion footage,etc.I would love to see an american release of this.

Jason Reynolds
12-29-2000, 03:22 PM
I ordered mine from Buy back in October, though they've been hit and miss lately with pre-orders (still waiting on Bava's Blood & Black Lace and Whip & the Body.)

The docomentary itself is decent. I'd never seen it before so I didn't know what to expect. I liked the interviews, but was disappointed Tobe Hooper and Marilyn Burns weren't interviewed.

Video and audio quality are decent, and there are a few extras (trailers for TCM, a triva game, cast bios.)

-Jason