PDA

View Full Version : DVD of the Week - Week 4 - Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

Jason25
01-12-2001, 05:31 AM
Wow! that's what I have to say when I view this film. Grau certainly knows how to grab an audience. The atmosphere in this film was extraordinary. I was completely absorbed by this film.

So many wonderful scenes, especially at the hospital and at the cemetery, very creepy.

Anchor Bay did another stellar job here. The video and audio are amazing. The transfer looks gorgeous. I'm very proud to own this film on dvd, Kudos Anchor Bay.

Any thoughts on this ?

DeepDownTraumaHound
01-12-2001, 05:34 AM
Mine is the mail, but I will let you know as soon as i get it! i can't f'ing wait!

Jason25
01-12-2001, 06:00 AM
I'm sure you'll love this one. Let us know what you think after you watch it!

Mark Relford
01-12-2001, 06:09 AM
A true gem! Props to AB for an excellent disc. The interview with Grau was a nice touch.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

mutleyhyde
01-12-2001, 06:54 AM
Sorry, haven't seen this one. Don't have it on order either. No comment.

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Jason25
01-14-2001, 05:52 PM
mutleyhyde - you should at least rent this one. I'm not sure how you feel about zombie films, but if you are even midly interested in them, I think you'd enjoy this one then

DVD Connoisseur
01-14-2001, 08:17 PM
I finally watched Let Sleeping...last night. It's a good zombie film (a NOTLD for the 1970s). I liked the opening shots of Manchester...I actually walk down some of the streets shown nearly every day! The cinematography was pleasing and the acting was good...yep, it was worth the purchase price. I thought Anchor Bay did a sterling job on this release - I like the format of the extras. The picture and sound quality were exemplary.
A word of warning for the squeemish, though. The interview with Grau features actual pics of real corpses - gruesome stuff to say the least.

mutleyhyde
01-15-2001, 02:49 AM
I'll sure I'll get around to it sometime J25. I just landed a good job, so maybe I'll start buying stuff again (I haven't found a good place around here to rent yet.)

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

DeepDownTraumaHound
01-23-2001, 04:24 PM
Got it the mail yesterday and must say that I am happy! What a great film! I love zombie films, and this one gives all that it should and more. I think it's even a bit more graphic than most! Thanks Achor Bay.
Although I cannot stand the jewel cases. What's up with that cheap crap? ERRR!

------------------
"Do you have to open graves to find a girl to fall in love with?"

Jason25
01-24-2001, 05:31 PM
It is rather graphic, some very cool death scenes. I am somewhat surprised by this considering the age of the film.