PDA

View Full Version : Suspiria - Tin or Regular Edition?

Jason25
01-12-2001, 04:40 AM
Was curious to find out which version you would buy, Tin or Regular Keepcase edition?

I'm hoping they include some really cool bonus materials in the Tin, although I'll probably get the Tin no matter what.

Mark Relford
01-12-2001, 05:16 AM
I'm not much of a tin lover, but this one would be too hard to pass up!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-12-2001).]

Chunkblower5000
01-12-2001, 06:34 AM
Can't say that I care much about the tins. So, I'll stick with the good old standard edition.

Paff
01-12-2001, 04:53 PM
I don't like the tins either, but I'll be making my second exception in this case (the other being Repo Man).

Suspiria is one of my all-time favorite films, so I'll jump right at the chance to buy any marketing gimmick they'll throw at me.

AceRimRat
01-12-2001, 08:22 PM
It depends on what extra is in the tin - if it's just the booklet, I'll probably go with the regular edition. Unless the tin cover art is cooler than the regular.

My only tin thus far is Hellraiser/II, but I've been giving some thought to the Beyond (if I can find it) and Suspiria as "masterpieces" worthy of a bigger space on the bookshelf.

DVD Connoisseur
01-12-2001, 11:35 PM
As I've said before, I can't get enough of these AB tins...I think they're great. I hope that, as indicated by AB in a recent on-line discussion, a regular keepcase will sit inside the future tins so that both camps can purchase them and enjoy their extras.

I loved the "The Beyond" tin as it came with those excellent repro-poster postcards. Cool double-deluxe!

napalm68
01-13-2001, 02:15 AM
If the tin is the same size as the Hellraiser one, I won't be getting it. They suck. Great for storing pens or candy in, but not a DVD. I have to lie it on its side to fit it in the shelf. I did hear that they will be redesigning them after all the complaints. I prefer what they did with Halloween and Army of Darkness personally. Tins are a waste of money. I guess it all depends what extras you get in the tin, really. If no more DVD content, I'd be hard pressed convincing myself to get it.

DeepDownTraumaHound
01-13-2001, 08:09 PM
TIN! TIN! TIN! TIN!
I want the tin! I love to collect stuff like that! I'm a sucker for promos CDs and things like that, too. Bring on the tins AB! I'll buy em up!

------------------
"Do you have to open graves to find a girl to fall in love with?"

napalm68
01-14-2001, 10:24 AM
Do Anchor bay do tins anymore anyhow? The two disc Manhunter coming out in a few weeks has no mention of a tin, and the picture looks like a normal case (as with Halloween and Army of Darkness

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Jason25
01-14-2001, 04:44 PM
They still do Tins, however, they don't have any Tins coming out this month. I believe they have some scheduled in the upcoming months.

Oogie Boogie
01-16-2001, 08:04 PM
Tin. most asured!