PDA

View Full Version : german R2 import dvd's

baraka
01-22-2001, 03:41 PM
anyone looking for rare R2 dvd's should check out http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/.
most of the discs are R2 pal and only in german, but look what you can find.

The burning, anthropophagous, anthropophagous 2000, and others, in fucking widescreen no less. some titles have english language tracks, but with the titles listed above, does it really matter.

i have used them before and the prices and service are top-notch. marc runs this site and he is a great guy, so you should check it out.

just thought i would let everyone know!

Jason25
01-23-2001, 12:28 AM
I knew 4 years of German would come in handy sometime.

Wicker Man
01-24-2001, 11:04 PM
Hi, where abouts are The Burning, Anthropophagous, Anthropophagous 2000? I couldn't seem to find them anywhere...I did however find Luther The Geek and The Video Dead. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

napalm68
01-25-2001, 01:03 AM
What are their international shipping rates like, for anyone that can read the site

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Jeremy
01-25-2001, 04:07 AM
Go to this site (http://babel.altavista.com/translate.dyn). They have a rudimentary translator that can convert German webpages to English, English webpages to German, etc. Not that the translation is much good, but it's better than nothing.

[This message has been edited by Jeremy (edited 01-24-2001).]

baraka
01-25-2001, 11:17 AM
you must create an account then hit amelden( go back to the main menu after logging in) then in the tab on the left, the will be a new line that says something like "red edition titels". this is a protected list ( protected by age). there you will find a whole bunch of titles you didn't see before.

sorry about the confusion; i should have mentioned it with the original post.

and in case all were wondering, these discs are all totally incut( but, most of you guys probably already figure that one out!)

Lindane
01-25-2001, 11:39 AM
Hey Baraka, how do I Log on? Ive already ordered some titles but cant find that Red edition label your talking about.

baraka
01-25-2001, 08:25 PM
just go to check on your order, enter your email address, then your password, then click on ameldem on the bottom, and on your left inside the tab will be the red edition titels label. click on that and you're all set

K'
01-26-2001, 08:04 PM
Laser Pardise the company that releases the red edition dvds says that they are all uncut but some titels are cut. I will try to find a list. Also the picture quality of most of the Red Edition DVDs is like watching VHS or worse. Both these factors apply to "the burning" it has an totaly shit looking transfer and is cut. Dellamorte Dellamore is one of the very few that have a nice transfer.

Hope that helps some of you.

------------------
Whoever said violence never solves problems
obviously never used enough of it.

[This message has been edited by K' (edited 01-26-2001).]

Jeremy
01-27-2001, 03:28 AM
...Not to mention that most of their titles also don't have English language tracks, either.

baraka
01-27-2001, 06:03 AM
i'll give K the fact that almost all red editions look like shit-they look like vhs, but at least they don't degrade and hold us over until an american company puts them out. next, on the issue of cut/uncut, when comparing the blood edition burning against copies of the uncut jap print from midnight video and shocking images, it is identical. this is one of my all time favorites and i've watched it a thousand times, so i can say wholeheartedly that it is missing nothing.

i've noticed in the past people are quick to say if dvd's are cut, and it's obviously a good thing to let people know, but half the time people are just plain wrong.som epeople don't suggest they are cut, they just go ahead and claim they are( the AB Beyond release is the most recent, and that was totally uncut).

just a thoughtthat i wanted to share and see what you guys thought.

third, i have about twenty red editions, and the only one that is missing anything, is zombie 3. it is missing the intro with the zombie before the titles.the rest of the movie is intact, and checking with dave at sight and sound he agreed that it was just a different print that some asshole at laser paradise overlooked, but it's not like this print was cut otherwise or censored.

hope we can clear up this cut/uncut rumor shit.

thanks

K'
01-27-2001, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by baraka:
i'll give K the fact that almost all red editions look like shit-they look like vhs, but at least they don't degrade and hold us over until an american company puts them out. next, on the issue of cut/uncut, when comparing the blood edition burning against copies of the uncut jap print from midnight video and shocking images, it is identical. this is one of my all time favorites and i've watched it a thousand times, so i can say wholeheartedly that it is missing nothing.

i've noticed in the past people are quick to say if dvd's are cut, and it's obviously a good thing to let people know, but half the time people are just plain wrong.som epeople don't suggest they are cut, they just go ahead and claim they are( the AB Beyond release is the most recent, and that was totally uncut).

just a thoughtthat i wanted to share and see what you guys thought.

third, i have about twenty red editions, and the only one that is missing anything, is zombie 3. it is missing the intro with the zombie before the titles.the rest of the movie is intact, and checking with dave at sight and sound he agreed that it was just a different print that some asshole at laser paradise overlooked, but it's not like this print was cut otherwise or censored.

hope we can clear up this cut/uncut rumor shit.

thanks

Sorry i did not want to start a rumor here. Just used the wrong words. So it is fact that i now have heard several times that "the burning" is cut.
I started a new topic in the http://dvd-inside.ch/ Laser Paradise forum. Only one legit answer so far and that states the burning is cut.
I will post if there are more answers. I also could try to ask the lp spokesperson directly, but at the moment all lp bushiness
is at hold because the father of Thomas Buresch died.

I also found a cut report for the burning (Brennende Rache is the german title). So the DVD has the same to cuts as the old german vhs (claims German online movie database (http://www.ofdb.de/view.php3?page=fassung&fid=928&vid=6199).
CUT 1: 00:12 The scissors that was stabbed into the stomach of the girl, is turned around a few times. She is screaming.
(6 Sec.)
CUT 2: 00:48 One Teen looks at his hand were several fingers have been cut of. The scissors that is stabbed inside the throat of another teen is turned around. ( 2 Sec. )

So I don`t claim that The Burning is cut, I just suggest that people who would like to buy it do some further research.
Again sorry for using the wrong words... I think i should work a little more on my english.

------------------

[This message has been edited by K' (edited 01-27-2001).]

baraka
01-27-2001, 03:59 PM
i think there is some confusion. the burning dvd i have is not the RED EDITION, but the BLOOD EDITION.red editions and blood editions are separate. also, the german movie site K posted in his latest replies list the burning red edition coming out in 1999, where as the blood edition came out in september of 2000. maybe two versions exist, but i am not sure of this. it seems to me that if both anthropophagus and anthropophagous 2000 are uncut( i have both) on the blood edition label( both are far more graphic and what could be considered objective/violent)the burning must be uncut.

we all need to research this more and see if there are two versions out there, but, i know for sure there are red editions and blood editions.the erman movie database claiming the burning was released in 1999 raises some questions though and might help to prove that two versions exist.

Wicker Man
01-27-2001, 06:37 PM
Are there any other suppliers of these discs?
This place is just too much hassle, it seems you have to order something before you're able to see these discs...

fishhead
01-27-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by K':
Those Blood Editions are simply box sets of 3 DVDs.
I think there are 7 Blood Edtions at the moment, each containing three movies.

I've got the Blood Edition of Braindead and it is just the one movie. I also have the Red Edition and these are the differences:

The Blood Edition looks a lot better than the Red, which looked like VHS. But it's still not as good as the Trimark Dead Alive release. (Not as good as Dellamorte Dellamore either)

The Blood Edition features the opening with the Queen which is absent on the Red Edition.

The Blood Edition is titled "Dead Alive"!

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

Jeremy
01-28-2001, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Wicker Man:
This place is just too much hassle, it seems you have to order something before you're able to see these discs...

You might want to try typing in "Red Edition" into their search feature. I got a ton of listings that way.

K'
01-28-2001, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by baraka:
i think there is some confusion. the burning dvd i have is not the RED EDITION, but the BLOOD EDITION.red editions and blood editions are separate. also, the german movie site K posted in his latest replies list the burning red edition coming out in 1999, where as the blood edition came out in september of 2000. maybe two versions exist, but i am not sure of this. it seems to me that if both anthropophagus and anthropophagous 2000 are uncut( i have both) on the blood edition label( both are far more graphic and what could be considered objective/violent)the burning must be uncut.

we all need to research this more and see if there are two versions out there, but, i know for sure there are red editions and blood editions.the erman movie database claiming the burning was released in 1999 raises some questions though and might help to prove that two versions exist.

Those Blood Editions are simply box sets of 3 DVDs.
I think there are 7 Blood Edtions at the moment, each containing three movies.
I never saw the burning as red edition, and never saw it mentoined somewhere so i doubt that there are two deffrent releases from laser paradise.
Maybe someone with the disc can look, if those to scenes i mentoined in my post above are cut or not.

------------------

[This message has been edited by K' (edited 01-27-2001).]

K'
01-28-2001, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by fishhead:
I've got the Blood Edition of Braindead and it is just the one movie. I also have the Red Edition and these are the differences:

The Blood Edition looks a lot better than the Red, which looked like VHS. But it's still not as good as the Trimark Dead Alive release. (Not as good as Dellamorte Dellamore either)

The Blood Edition features the opening with the Queen which is absent on the Red Edition.

The Blood Edition is titled "Dead Alive"!

Many shops sell the blood edition discs seperately, but they are intended to be in a box.

------------------

fishhead
01-28-2001, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by K':
Many shops sell the blood edition discs seperately, but they are intended to be in a box.

Ok, I can go with that. I thought something was weird when I got it since the case was the Red edition version - I almost sent it back until I noticed the disc was the Blood edition.

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste