PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE HELL, NO NEW YORK RIPPER!!!!!

BigDeg187
01-27-2001, 02:52 AM
WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

How can you OVERLOOK FULCI'S:::::

New York Ripper, it is his best film to date, it is sexual, action packed, surreal, and plentiful!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! THE DUCK VOICE IS THE BESTT!!! The problem is..is that no one understands it. He treats his victims like children, becuase his daughter wont ever become one, so he kills all these beautiful young teenage girls in revenge for his daughters misfortune!

------------------
Wanna see something really scary? Vistit http://www.SavageCinema.com

Cujo108
01-27-2001, 04:06 AM
I agree that New York Ripper should have been on the poll list. It is my second favorite Fulci film, right after COTLD. I was pretty disappointed when I saw that it wasn't on the poll.

joltaddict
01-30-2001, 05:49 AM
I agree thats why I voted "Other". It might kinda skew the vote though cause most people are gonna vote for a title that was mentioned without thinking of NYR.

Dave
01-30-2001, 05:58 AM
Sorry guys. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif

I have to try and decide what the most popular choices would be. There is always the 'Other' category.

Incidentally, even though 'Other' is beating out 'House by the Cemetery', I still feel I made the right choice. You have to keep in mind that not every vote for 'Other' represents 'New York Ripper'. I've had people email me saying they voted 'Other' cuz their fav was 'Black Cat' (don't ask why), 'Don't Torture A Duckling' and a few others.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

indiephantom
02-05-2001, 09:14 PM
THE NEW YORK RIPPER is also my favorite Fulci film (THE BEYOND is a close second). I feel that there is an overall prejudice toward this film that has somehow even managed to show up at Horrordvd.com. It is also a great-lookin AB DVD.

Jason25
02-06-2001, 01:03 AM
The New York Ripper is an excellent film. I think it gets bashed unfairly. I think the poll results bear the fact that it should have been inluded as a separate choice.

Captain Howdy
02-07-2001, 09:04 AM
hmm..I found New York Ripper very disappointing. I am a huge Fulci fan and pretty much love all his other stuff but I found NYR more like a bad episode of "Columbo"..... :eek:

<Standing back waiting for the abuse>

napalm68
02-11-2001, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I quite liked New York Ripper. For Fulci, the plot seemed pretty well hole free... Acting was fine too...

joot29
02-21-2001, 11:06 PM
Hallelujah, Captain Howdy, I couldn't have said it better. "New York Ripper" just didn't have anything to dazzle me and the story line bored me. If it's atmospheric suspense and gory murders that you're looking for, then William Lustig's "Maniac" has that one beat easily. "NYR"'s weak script was just an excuse to showcase Fulci's skills with filming excruciatingly graphic and uncomfortable murder sequences. "Maniac"'s characterization study drew me into the movie. Also, too many zoom shots. Since alot of people like this movie, and I do respect Fulci's skills as a director, I'm gonna have to give it another shot. Could someone describe to me what's so great about it? Maybe I just don't get it.