PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive Final

Erg0n
08-05-2003, 06:13 AM
For those of you who are interested DoA Final (http://www.layoyo.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?style=1&prrfnbr=2279496&prmenbr=152&CGRY_NUM=251&LANGUAGE=1) is on www.DVDSHELF.com

I didn't enjoy this film as much as the previous 2 but good nonetheless.

BloodMan
08-05-2003, 07:20 PM
It had its moments. Not the greatest. The first part is the better one. (of course)

Nick

Evil Disco Guy
08-05-2003, 07:45 PM
The first part is the weakest of all three.

Birds and Final both had wonderful stories to them and felt really solid; part one had a few memorable scenes and a weak plot, if Miike had focused more on the whole family aspect and polished up the two main leads motivations it would have been a much more satisfying film and wouldn't have had to rely on the strength of the three or four "stand-out" moments.

fungai
08-05-2003, 09:12 PM
I use to think 1 was the best but i've since reverted to part 2.
Theirs just so much more there and alot more meanings and things to be discovered upon repeat viewings.

Final is ok.

For those who wanna see it before they buy it Sundance channel is running Miike movies every Friday all month with Final being shown on the 15th I believe.

edit- here's the list,11pm

August 8th THE CITY OF LOST SOULS

August 15th DEAD OR ALIVE: FINAL

August 22nd THE HAPPINESS OF THE KATAKURIS

August 29th AUDITION

Erg0n
08-06-2003, 07:46 AM
I wish I had that channel...

But many people agree that, in DoA, due to a couple of scenes that were jaw dropping the rest of the movie was filler in comparison, but I don't think that's the case.