PDA

View Full Version : THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE-a review by Ryan Burgos

r_burgos2003
08-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Here is a terrific flick in my collection (I only review what I own) that I wanted to review. So lets get down to it!

Trish Devereaux invites her basketball teammates over her house for a slumber party one evening. The party is crashed by Neil and Jeff, two horny 17-year-olds, However, little does she know, mass murderer Russ Thorn has escaped from a mental institution and has decided to crash her party as well...with his oversized "penis-like" drill (You know what I mean!). Like what a total creep! For sure! (Sorry, I had to use my 80s lingo). Well, their only hope for getting out alive is by going across the street to laughing stock, teammate Valarie's house. (She denied the invite when she heard some of the girls teasing her) The thing is, each of them is starting to die quickly and if they don't get out alive, their weekend is going to be a total bummer. (Here I go again).

Needless to say, SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE is a fantastic film. The idea of using a portable drill is great and the fact that the killer actually talks is a breath of fresh air from the "quiet, stalking, killing" murderer. Filled with enough humor to fill a whole 'nother movie, SPM rocks. Pure and simple, it rocks. Valarie may be a joke to some, but it's her who has to save the girls....

RECCOMENDED TO FANS OF:
Halloween (1978)
The Fool Killer (1968)
Party Crasher (1994)

CAST
Michelle Michaels.....Trish Devereaux
Robin Stille...............Valerie Bates
Michael Villella..........Russ Thorn
Debra Deliso...........Kimberly Clarke

THE MOVIE: 4/4

THE PICTURE QUALITY: 9/10 It's in widescreen-letterboxed and has been digitally remastered. There are some minor specs and grain but nothing too overbearing.

THE AUDIO QUALITY: 10/10 2.0 Stereo was a fantastic change from what I thought was going to be Mono. Kutos to the audio!

THE SPECIAL FEATURES: are the original trailer which is a load of fun, cast bios and some previews of other New Concorde flicks.

SUBTITLES: none

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/15949h.jpg
http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/15949bh.jpg

RyanPC
08-07-2003, 03:48 AM
I love this movie. Definitely lots of fun, I remember renting the old Embassy (?) VHS a long time ago. Ahh, memories. ;)

Once again, nice review. :)

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 03:52 AM
Thanks. I remember Embassy too. They should have included the Embassy animation and logo before the flick started for nostalgic purposes.

indiephantom
08-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Great review. Supposedly there is now a 2-pack of this film and the sequel available, but I haven't seen it yet. Interesting to note that this film was written by a gay feminist (Rita Mae Brown) and directed by a woman also...Amy Jones, who went on to direct Jamie Lee Curtis in the acclaimed drama Love Letters.:cool:

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 07:48 PM
Yes, it's available in a two-pack. Rather pointless since there are 3 movies in the series.

Grim
08-07-2003, 08:50 PM
What's the T & A factor?:D

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Very high. The first one has several shots of tits and ass, the second has like a nude pillow fight and the third has stripping and changing.

SilentScreams
08-08-2003, 02:43 AM
The third Slumber Party Massacre has Maria Ford showing off her bright red nipples!!!:lol:

r_burgos2003
08-08-2003, 02:46 AM
Freaky, aren't they!?

SilentScreams
08-08-2003, 04:01 AM
Hell yeah!!! Her clothes should have stayed on.:nervous:

r_burgos2003
08-08-2003, 04:07 AM
:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
I swear.....Just wow. And she's the only one who got naked really. Like I'm supposed to be happy for that one?