PDA

View Full Version : SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE II-a review by Ryan Burgos

r_burgos2003
08-06-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm a big fan of the first. I first saw this one. Then the first. Then the last. Needless to say, like many others- is my least favorite of the series.

Remember Courtney Bates? Sure you do. She was the only "sane" (I differ on that a lot) survivor of the first. No, she didn't go to the party, but she was being babysat that night by sister Valerie. who is now in an asylum. Well, every night, Courtney has bad dreams about Valerie telling her not to have sex the upcomming weekend and not to leave home. Strike one-Courtney is going up to bandmate Sheila's condo to practice with the rest of the group. A group of local boys crash the party (just like part 1) and it seems that Courtney is still having these dreams. Now, they are about the reincarnation of the original killer. But he is going to be reincarnated as an evil Elvis-type rocker. Suddenly, Courtney is starting to have daydreams about him and she tries to warn everyone but it's too late. The killer has returned to kill them all with his drill.....

I disliked a lot about this one. The fact that the killer cracks jokes and comes out of Courtney's dreams is a little too Nightmare on Elm Street-ish for me. And that the killer breaks into song as he's doing his "thang" was annoying.

RECCOMENDED TO FANS OF:
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
The Slumber Party Massacre (1982)
Friday the 13th (1980)

CAST
Crystal Bernard.......Courtney Bates
Jennifer Rhodes.......Mrs. Bates
Kimberly McArthur...Amy
Patrick Lowe...........Matt Arbicost
Juliette Cummins....Sheila Barrington

THE MOVIE: 2.5/4

THE PICTURE QUALITY: 6/10 Digitally Remastered. Presented in 1.33:1 with little grain but still-It's not the original aspect ratio.

THE AUDIO QUALITY: 8/10 Nice 2.0 Stereo sound. I had no problems with it.

THE SPECIAL FEATURES: A trailer, cast bios and preview attractions for other New Concorde flicks. Nice to see that New Concorde knows how to sell the shit out of something!

SUBTITLES: None

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/15950h.jpg
http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/15950bh.jpg

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 05:53 AM
Anyone like the movie? Anyone like the review?

RyanPC
08-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Good review, but I simply HATED the movie. God, it left a bad taste in my mouth after I watched it. The ironic thing is, I loved SPM 1 and 3. :rolleyes: :D

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 05:58 AM
Are you kidding? I thought it was your most FAVORITE movie ever!

r_burgos2003
08-08-2003, 03:59 AM
oops. can't let this one slip into oblivion!