PDA

View Full Version : SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE III-a review by Ryan Burgos

r_burgos2003
08-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Well, it seems that there is a new driller-killer stalking film land. Originally supposed to be a seperate flick from the SLUMBER series, New Concorde decided to squeeze some juice out of this one. Thus my review of SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE III.

Jackie invites her vollyball teammates over her house for some summer night slumber party fun. Once again, the party is crashed by some horny guys. The group is having a lot of fun. However, one of the guys trys is a maniac with the huge power drill that this series is well known for. There are a lot of key suspects in the film. And you never know who is the killer (yes, the series had to resort to the unmasking crap) until it starts to get really bloody.

It's good fun because of the fact that the entire movie seems like a chase scene and that happens to be a favorite of mine. Especially since they are trapped in the house and can't get help.

A great things for fans to note that despite the cover's "R" rating, this is actually the unrated version with 7 extra minutes included. There is more gore and a few more scenes that have little to do with the plot. But it's fun anyway.

RECCOMENDED TO FANS OF:
The Slumber Party Massacre (1982)
Cheerleader Camp (1987)
To All A Good Night (1980)

CAST
Brandi Burkett............Diane
Hope Marie Carlton.....Janine
Keely Christian...........Jackie Cassidy
Maria Claire................Susie

THE MOVIE: 3/4

THE PICTURE QUALITY: 6/10 Once again: Digitally Remastered, 1.33:1 Pan and Scan is the presentation, with some grain and specs.

THE AUDIO QUALITY: 8/10 It's once again 2.0 Stereo. It once again, was fine on my tv but there could have been a 5.1 channel somwhere if New Concorde really cared.

THE SPECIAL FEATURES: A trailer, cast bios and preview attractions from New Concorde including Emmanuelle: First Contact (!)

SUBTITLES: none

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/15951h.jpg
http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/15951bh.jpg

RyanPC
08-07-2003, 03:42 AM
I like this one. I think SPM 2 sucks major ass, one of my least favorite movies, but at least this one is more like the first one in the series. Nice review for a good movie. :)

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 03:50 AM
Thanks I always thought you loved part 2 hehe. Anyway, comment on my review for part 2! and 1!

SilentScreams
08-08-2003, 02:41 AM
Why do they show pictures from Sorority House Massacre 2 on the back cover of Slumber Party Massacre 3?

r_burgos2003
08-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Cause New Concorde is fucked up!!!!! Only one pic is from SPM-3...try and guess what one. (HINT-the one with the drill.)

SilentScreams
08-08-2003, 04:03 AM
Did New Concorde always own SPM 3? I use to have the old vhs and the same pictures were on the back. They forgot to include my "History of Roger Corman" booklet in my Piranha dvd.:fuck:

r_burgos2003
08-08-2003, 04:15 AM
Uhhh. Yeah. They did. Cause Embassy owned parts 1 and 2 until BANKRUPTION and sold to explotion Corman. (tits for the sake of tits anyone?) And his company is New Concorde. Dunno why they didn't add it in. Not enough room?