PDA

View Full Version : HELL NIGHT-a review by Ryan Burgos

r_burgos2003
08-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Now this is a great flick! You get scream queen Linda Blair and HALLOWEEN producer Irwin Yablans in one little dvd!

Fraterniry and sorority pledges: Marti, Denise, Jeff and Seth must stay inside old Garth Manor for a night. But legend goes, 12 years earlier, Raymond Garth got fed up with his mutant family and killed almost all of them. Then himself. Remember, I said almost all of them. It seems that tonight is the anniversery of the murders. The group is locked in. But it's not so bad, Denise; the very sexy blond gal has snuck in a mini radio, some booze and some drugs. However, their night isn't all fun. It seems that some of the frat members decide to stay around and try to scare the crap out of the group (it's part of the initation). When they get used to it, it seems that there is something else that they should be very afraid of: the remaining child of the Garth family has been living there for a while and doesn't like the temperary guests in the house......

Fucking frightening! That's exactly what this movie is. You think you see something, but it isn't what you think it is....or is it? That's what makes HELL NIGHT so much fun. Is it one of the frat members? Or is it real? The killer is quite shocking and the death scenes are quite fun. I enjoyed every second of HELL NIGHT.

RECCOMENDED TO FANS OF:
Halloween (1978)
Sorority House Massacre (1987)
The Funhouse (1981)

CAST
Linda Blair...................Marti
Vincent Van Patten.....Seth
Peter Barton...............Jeff
Suki Goodwin..............Denise

THE MOVIE: 4/4

THE PICTURE QUALITY: 10/10 Fantastic! Widescreen 1.85:1 enhanced for 16x9 TVs with very little grain. A bit dark, but it had to be so you don't see the killer until the end.

THE AUDIO QUALITY: 8/10 2.0 mono, the commentary is the same

THE SPECIAL FEATURES: A trailer, a few tv spots and an audio commentary by Linda Blair, the director and producers.

SUBTITLES: none

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/7477h.jpg
http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/7477bh.jpg

Hellbilly
08-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Great creepy slasher, one of my faves.
Linda was quite good in this, but I kinda hated her awful hairdo :eek2:

Nice review btw

Mortis
08-06-2003, 09:50 PM
I love those boobies, though.

speanroc
08-06-2003, 09:51 PM
good review burgos ,but too bad the dvd is cut......................

r_burgos2003
08-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks! BTW- did either of you like Denise? The blond one with the pot, the drinks, the loose sex morals and mini radio in her boobs? I know I did!

r_burgos2003
08-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Oh, come on speanroc-don't say it all non-chalontly. What is cut?! I hate censorship (don't we all).

r_burgos2003
08-06-2003, 11:26 PM
Thank you.

speanroc
08-07-2003, 12:24 AM
when the lead frat hazing dude gets the sicle ramed in his chest ,the blood running down the blade is missing from the dvd and is in the old media tape.

also when you listen to the commentary the cast and crew say o.k. here is the blood and then there is silence because they relize it was cut out and don't want to lead on to the audience that it is.

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Damn. Do you have a time spot on the dvd? And isn't your avatar from PROWLER?

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 02:13 AM
I don't like this. Not one bit. :mad:

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 02:19 AM
speanroc-I got an updated disk. The front and back cover is different. So it appears to be in there.

speanroc
08-07-2003, 02:39 AM
are you sure i don't think AB would repress it for such a small part
and by the way my avatar is from "pieces"

r_burgos2003
08-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Well, it looks in tack to me. I haven't seen it in Media, but you see it go through him and the blood drip off his chest and the blood drip off the syth when it goes through the hedge.