PDA

View Full Version : INFESTED-a review by Ryan Burgos

r_burgos2003
08-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Get out your bottle of RAID folks, cause it 'reviewin' time!

When the death of a man brings a group of friends together, they spend the day at the dead man's wie's house. It's an old house but something is lurking around it...killer CGI bugs!

It seems that our group is being attacked by mutant flies that feast on your insides (literally-you see them eat your heart and everything) and stay there as protection. The only way to kill them is by sunlight or one big bottle of RAID. And the bottle's empty....and the sun is setting soon.....

Yes, it was filmed in my home town. A girl or 2 I know are extras in it. No biggie. The film is good, but the terrible CGI effects make it a waste...almost.

RECCOMENDED TO FANS OF:
Ticks (1993)
The Birds (1963)
Piranha II (1981)

THE CAST
Zach Galligan .....Warren
Lisa Ann Hadley ..Ellen
Daniel Jenkins ....Steven
Amy Jo Johnson ..Jesse

THE MOVIE: 3/4

THE PICTURE QUALITY: 9/10 No grain but in a 1.85:1 non-anamorphic trasfer.

THE AUDIO QUALITY: 8/10 2.0 Stereo surround was fine. Too bad there wasn't a 5.1 to go with all those flies buzzing around.

THE SPECIAL FEATURE: Several trailers

SUBTITLES: English, Spanish, Chinese, French, Korean, Portuguese, Thai.

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/460988h.jpg
http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/460988bh.jpg

Egg_Shen
08-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Itís interesting to see Zach Galligan show up in the credits, but I donít think Iíll be scrutinizing the shelves looking for this one. I remember Ticks from years ago, I think. It featured Clint Howard, right?

Nice review.

r_burgos2003
08-08-2003, 11:30 PM
No, I think that was SNDN-4 with the bugs

Egg_Shen
08-09-2003, 04:06 AM
No, Clint Howard was in it. Maybe "featured" was a bad way of putting it as he's only in a small portion of the movie. However, a little Clint can go a long way, for a movie of this ilk at least.

r_burgos2003
08-09-2003, 04:13 AM
Oh, ok. I must give it another look then