PDA

View Full Version : LDs for sale

Paff
05-25-2001, 07:16 PM
Hey fellow LD-heads

Due to unfortunate circumstances, the Dad of a friend of mine is going to be selling off a good part of his LD collection. If there's any discs anyone wants, post 'em here and I can let you know if he has them, and if he's planning to sell them (he's going to hold on to the discs he really wants).

I'll state up front that there's not a lot of horror in the list (Suspiria and The Fog have already been claimed). Most of his movies are older ones, quite a few Westerns as well. But if you have a want list, let me know (And no, he doesn't have the special editions of The Howling or The Frighteners. Don't bother asking)

Nos4ah2
05-25-2001, 09:20 PM
Any Cronenberg or Lynch, or music stuff in there?

I'm also looking for the Criterion Collection's Repulsion.

And thanks for thinking of us!!!

:)

laserdogg
05-26-2001, 01:43 PM
Would it be possible to post a list of what he has? I know it would be a PITA to compile if he has a large collection but I'd buy anything that's interesting, whether it's horror, comedy, action, etc.

Paff
05-26-2001, 11:16 PM
1. No Lynch or Cronenberg. Some music, but it's stuff like Abba, Gloria Estefan, and Vince Gill. No Repulsion either, but even if he did have it, I'd get it first...

2. The list is around 800 titles, so I really can't post it. I'm not trying to be a LD reseller, just bringing this up before he goes to E-bay, Big Emma's, and Ross'.

Come Tuesday, I might be able to E-mail the list as a Microsoft Excel file.

But if you have any wants first, again, post 'em here

MISFITZ
06-01-2001, 07:30 PM
YEAH!!!

Bout time I'm in this Mutha!!!
Hey Paff wht's up, it's...MISFITZ!!!

I finally, after MONTHS (literally) of trying have become REGISTERED!!!!!!!!!

Since Casey's is shutting down, you may see me more around here.

I'm also hanging at:

GOREZONE.NET

========================

Anyways, I'm looking for any DISNEY FILMS on Laser Disc. (except Snow White)

What about FIRE & ICE (a long shot?)

CLOCKWORK ORANGE ;) ?

null

Paff
06-01-2001, 09:25 PM
Hey man, good to see you here..

I would have posted an open invitation to all at Dr. Caseys, but as far as I'm concerned, the RIGHT people are already here.

As far as the LD collection for sale, these discs are already getting moved, so time is of the essence. A small selection is already E-bayed under the user name "fischproductions"
I've grabbed a small stack, and Ross' Exchange is getting involved as we speak.

No on Fire and Ice, and no on Clockwork Orange. However, there is a good chunk of Disney films, but I have the feeling those aren't for sale. (And no Song of the South, don't ask)

There IS some older horror though. Incredible Shrinking Man and The Mummy are on the E-bay list. I claimed Day of the Triffids, but we're gonna E-bay that after I'm done, since that movie fetches major bank in auction. You have to remember, the main purpose of the sale is to raise a little cash for my friend's dad. But he always prefers his discs to go to a "good home" where they'll be appreciated.

MISFITZ
06-01-2001, 10:00 PM
I know what you mean abou 'the right people'.

back when you mentioned this site to me, and even now, i've never wanted to INVITE everyone. Some jerks at Casey's get on my nerves. But i'll probably kick it here since I love home audio, horror, and wasting time at work! hehe heh ha !!!

Now that i'm FINALLY allowed to post! :rolleyes: