PDA

View Full Version : Returner 2002

Erg0n
08-09-2003, 04:25 AM
I had the chance to see this movie at fantasia fest and was not dissapointed. It's an enjoyable action/sci fic popcorn movie. Granted there's cliches and a lot of scenes influenced from other movies but the director has managed to make it work.

If you looking for a foreign film comparable to the CGI and explosive effects of hollywood check this out.

BloodMan
08-09-2003, 06:30 PM
I had the LE DVD release of this but traded it off. Its damn cool though. Worth a viewing or two. :)

Nick

Blade
08-12-2003, 03:07 AM
I think it's plain BAD actually. After reading alot of posts like yours I went in expecting an exiting movie, but Returner is dull. It drag on and on, has about 2 action scenes and the worst American actors ever. They are unintentionally funny however, so if I look at Returner as if it was a comedie, maybe it would be better.

2D4EVER
08-12-2003, 03:22 AM
I liked it. It's an enjoyable popcorn action movie with a decent story. Of course I believe that all movies that involve time travel are flawed because of the paradoxes but if you just go into this movie expecting fun you won't be too disappointed. Although I thought the movie was over about 4 times before it really ended. I did like the save you part at the end though. I didn't find that one scene out of the ordinary but when they did the flashback I was like "Oh shit." :) I'm happy with my japanese special edition (thanks to BloodMan :D).