PDA

View Full Version : City of Lost Souls QuestioN

DeathDealer
08-10-2003, 12:31 AM
SPOILER

WHY DOES CARLA KILL MARIO AND KEI AND THE END. I NEVER FIGURED THAT OUT.

aoiookami
08-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Carla is the little blind girl, I think you mean Mario's ex who kills them at the end. My only guess is because it was mainly their fault Carla was captured, and she didnt want them to be able to escape deportation. Then again it is a Miike movie, alot of things have no explaination

Wermode
08-10-2003, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I think so, too. Also, maybe there is some jealousy involved. Mostly I just thought it was for the irony: that they come so far through so much only to end so pitifully and easily. And, yes, Miike does whatever the hell he wants with endings...often he wants a sense of sadness and waste (without spoiling too much, Rainy Dog is another example).

BloodMan
08-10-2003, 09:18 PM
The cops did say something about those latino women or whatever being feisty :) Ya, I think it was because those 2 (mario and kei) put the little girl in harms way and she didn't want them to escape from deportation. Thats how I have always looked at it.

Nick

MaxRenn
08-24-2003, 11:04 PM
I too was confused by the final scene and I wondered whether Miike was giving us an alternate ending. The first ending was Mario going back and saving Carla and dying in the street. The second ending was him not going back and deciding to leave and then shot. So he couldn't escape death whatever he chose.

On the other hand I could be completely wrong. Excellent film either way.

Blade
09-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Is there a decent dvd available of this movie? I have the Hong Kong dvd, but it's picture is flawed, really bland looing colors, but the sound (DTS) is alright, not great. And why the hell do do have to flip that dvd over? They actually put the movie on two sides of the dvd :eek2:

fungai
09-03-2003, 11:01 PM
get the Region 1 Blade it's an excellent dvd as far as quality

my take on the ending was carla's mom had the "If I can't have him, no one can" attitude and it didnt truely shine thru till the end

KR~!
09-03-2003, 11:47 PM
way to put a spoiler warning on the 1st post:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Rainbowthief
09-04-2003, 01:13 PM
No kidding, use the spoiler tag next time!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: