PDA

View Full Version : Ichi the Killer Region 1

Erg0n
08-15-2003, 09:33 PM
I heard rumors of this being uncut in a R1 release from Mediablasters/Tokyo Shock later this year somewhere around early Q4

I was at Anime Expo this weekend and Media Blasters had a booth set up, so of course after going through their stuff (sadly, they weren't selling the two disc set of 'Versus' before the release date, only the 1 disc release...) I asked the big big question:

"When are you releasing Ichi the Killer?!"
"September."
"Fully uncut?"
"Fully uncut."
"One disc or two disc special edition?"
"Two discs."

So there you go. Seems nicely official enough to me. *thumbs up*

http://www.livejournal.com/community/takashi_miike/

This is the only info I seen on the web. Are they keeping this hush hush or something?

DefJeff
08-16-2003, 04:35 AM
I heard this info awhile ago, about them releasing it this Sept.

I would be very surprised if this was released only as a 2 disc set though. With their current track record, I bet we could expect 3 different versions at least.

Andrew
08-16-2003, 07:07 AM
Excellent news! September seems awfully close, but I'd buy it in a hearbeat. I was planning on looking into a good quality boot or something, but this saves me the trouble.

Erg0n
08-16-2003, 11:36 PM
I know Sept is next month and they don't even have any info on it on their website. I guess i'll try to email them

SaviniFan
08-17-2003, 01:38 AM
God this would rock! I LUV Ichi the Killer. It's currently tied with Dawn of the Dead as my favorite overall movie. *salivates*:banana:

mcchrist
08-17-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm definitly giving this a shot, I've been putting it off for too long. September is close enough.

Erg0n
08-21-2003, 07:21 AM
I heard that "Diamond Comics' Previews catalogue" has it slated for december this year. Also they will be releasing at least 2 DVDs, similar to Versus I guess.

Personally I am beginning to believe we won't see this until Q2 next year considering mediablasters delays and such. The R2 will probably be the superior version but I'd like to get a R1.

MaxRenn
08-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Amazon.com has it up to be released on November 18 in two versions - one is an unrated special edition, the other is rated R and $5 cheaper.