PDA

View Full Version : Halloween in August!

mutleyhyde
08-28-2003, 04:32 AM
Damn, but there's some good shit out there now! This week I hit Best Buy and it hit back...

The Comedy of Terrors / The Raven
Countess Dracula / The Vampire Lovers
The Haunted Palace / The Tower of London
The Tomb of Ligeia / An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe
Cry of the Banshee / Murders in the Rue Morgue

Of course, I picked up Day of the Dead last week at Target.

Damn. I mean, I'm just feelin' all Halloween, ya know? Like, my olfactories are getting phantom whiffs of October!

Watched Day of the Dead the other night. Man, sucker brings back memories, and it still kicks butt.

Watched The Raven last night. I thought it was gonna be hokey seein' it as an adult, but it was pretty damned fun, and well done too. Geeze, the last time I saw this was probably 20 years ago, and then some. :lol:

By the way, Vincent Price rules; he is the spirit of Halloween. This latest run of Midnite Movies is a bumper crop of vintage Price. http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

I can't friggin' wait to watch Vampire Lovers and Countess Dracula this weekend.

RyanPC
08-28-2003, 04:38 AM
I used to be into lots of classic monster movies when I was little, but as I grew a bit older, I grew out of them. The only classics I really like now are Hitchcock movies. But now I am starting to get into these older thrillers, like Vincent Prices movies and stuff. I've always loved House of Wax and am dying to see The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again. He is the man! :banana:

mutleyhyde
08-28-2003, 05:29 AM
Man, House of Wax was just staring me down in the aisles, begging me to take it home with me. Don't ask me why, but I somehow justified getting all the Midnite Movies because they were of the same line. :lol:

-sigh-

Just too much shit comin' out right now.

RyanPC
08-28-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde
Man, House of Wax was just staring me down in the aisles, begging me to take it home with me. Don't ask me why, but I somehow justified getting all the Midnite Movies because they were of the same line. :lol:

-sigh-

Just too much shit comin' out right now.

Yup, I also need to get Wait Until Dark, Squirm, and Burnt Offerings. :D

marioscido
08-28-2003, 05:27 PM
I know what you mean! An then there's "The Thing," "The Haunting," "The Ghoul," and "The Devil Commands." Not to mention the recent release of "The Honeymoon Killers" on CC. Great times, but not for the pocketbook...

hell ya!
08-28-2003, 07:34 PM
I just recieved

The Comedy of Terrors / The Raven
Countess Dracula / The Vampire Lovers
The Haunted Palace / The Tower of London
The Tomb of Ligeia / An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe

Looks like i'm going to have some good watching before i go back to school.:evil:

dwatts
08-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Of course =- these are really helped by being so cheap. DDD has the MGM's at $9.12 each, which is a steal.

Burnt Offerings is a very poor film (proving that old films are not necessarily GOOD films). But those Karlof movies are nice. I am drowning in new titles right now, so all these are just going to have to wait - but I'm more than glad to see them out there.

RyanPC
08-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by dwatts
Of course =- these are really helped by being so cheap. DDD has the MGM's at $9.12 each, which is a steal.

Burnt Offerings is a very poor film (proving that old films are not necessarily GOOD films). But those Karlof movies are nice. I am drowning in new titles right now, so all these are just going to have to wait - but I'm more than glad to see them out there.

Why do you feel Burnt Offerings is so poor?