PDA

View Full Version : Zombi 3

crank
06-25-2001, 11:00 PM
As I'm sure you all remember, Anchor Bay at one time announced that they would be releasing Fulci's Zombi 3 in 2002, then backed out stating that "another company" had the rights, and they would not be able to put it out. Does anybody know who has the rights. I am guessing that if they can one up Anchor Bay, they have to be at least a decent company. (Image or Synapse are my hopes, but we can all dream)

crank

Trout
06-25-2001, 11:34 PM
If it is Synapse, then they won't announce it until it is confirmed as a 100% release. I have a feeling it will be released by a smaller company.

bruce h
06-25-2001, 11:48 PM
i know who CLAIMS to own the rights to the film, but i'm not sure if it's a done deal or not. since i don't want to start any untrue rumors about the release i won't say who it is but i will say it's neither Synapse or Image. i have emailed the company to see if i'm allowed to talk about some of their mouth-watering upcoming titles, i'll post again when i hear back.

crank
06-26-2001, 01:07 AM
If you really do have any info please post it as soon as you get the OK. I've been absolutly DROOLING with anticipation.

PS. I don't suppose it's Media Blasters with Shock Cinema. Their upcoming release of Demonia has a "Lucio Fulci Collection" banner accross the top, leading one to believe that they have more Fulci releases coming out.

crank

Jeremy
06-26-2001, 01:38 AM
I'm betting we'll see a European PAL release before an American one, maybe from Japan Shock, since they've just announced a ton of Eurohorror titles anyway.

crank
06-26-2001, 09:34 AM
There already are 2 versions of Zombi 3 on DVD. One from that Japanese company that put out the DVD's of both Aenigma, and Murderock. And there is a German "Red Edition". To the best of my knowledge both versions are PAL, region 2, and full screen. I don't know about the Japanese one, but I know that the "Red Edition" series have not been getting good reviews. From what I've read there edition of Dawn Of The Mummy was one of the worst DVD's ever. I'm just going to stick with my VHS boot from Midnight Video until a good Region 1 release comes out.

crank

bruce h
06-26-2001, 12:18 PM
the Japanese DVD of Zombi 3 is NTSC, Region 2 and Ltbx. it looks nice, and has removable subs, but the only xtra is a trailer.

Media Blasters new company is called Shriek Show, not Shock Cinema.

razorbackattack
06-26-2001, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by bruce h
i know who CLAIMS to own the rights to the film, but i'm not sure if it's a done deal or not. since i don't want to start any untrue rumors about the release i won't say who it is but i will say it's neither Synapse or Image. i have emailed the company to see if i'm allowed to talk about some of their mouth-watering upcoming titles, i'll post again when i hear back.

This sounds very interesting and it's something to look forward to. Will they all be region free/NTSC DVD's?

Andrew
06-28-2001, 08:57 PM
Bruce, help a fellow Marylander (that's what we're called, right?) out. Just say who's got the rights, c'mon...

crank
07-07-2001, 11:55 PM
This thread kind of died without the big revealing moment that we were all waiting for. You never told us WHO claimed to own the rights to Zombi 3, or what their other titles are. I'm changing my bet to Media Blasters / Shriek Show. Since they're putting out Demonia, and have been sucking up film rights lately. Please confirm if you know (make a Fulci nut happy) and I would LOVE to hear somekind of release list, even if it is only tenative at best.

crank

razorbackattack
07-08-2001, 02:04 AM
I agree! What's the good word?

bruce h
07-24-2001, 12:15 AM
Well, looks like the cat has gotten out of the bag...

Shriek Show never got back to me, perhaps I mailed the wrong address. I should have just called - I'm still waiting for my review copy of Demonia!

Anyway, Shriek Show is indeed who told me they'd be releasing Zombi 3, as most of you probably already know from the News page. Sorry if I kept any of you waiting.

And since we're talking rumors, I might as well let you all know that they told me they'd be doing Fulci's Lizard In A Woman's Skin, Sweet House Of Horrors and House Of Clocks as well as Deodato's Jungle Holocaust. Pretty cool line-up, no?

If this ends up on the News page I expect credit, bastards.
bruce h

jak
07-24-2001, 12:43 AM
I can't wait for these discs! Just one question bruce, since House Of Clocks and Sweet House Of Horrors are about an hour each is Shriek Show going to release the two films individualy or together? Or has no word been announced yet? Fulci Lives! jak

bruce h
07-24-2001, 12:55 AM
i assume they'll release them as seperate discs - Jess Franco's Killer Barbies runs about an hour and they're putting that out by itself.

razorbackattack
07-24-2001, 01:52 AM
Best news I heard all day, thanks! Much cooler to have read about it here than alt.horror where everybody just talks shit all day and causes fights with everybody.

DeepDownTraumaHound
07-24-2001, 08:40 PM
ok, Who knows what the quality factor of Shriek Show is? I saw the DEMONIA vhs and was not impressed with the grain and speckles throughout (besides the fact that it was lousy vhs) I have Media Blasters version of BIO-ZOMBIE and it looks decent/good, but not great. Just wondering if I could get some feedback since that's my only experince with them...:)

jak
07-24-2001, 11:32 PM
Not to sound weird or anything but I keep telling the webmaster of the shocking images Lucio Fulci site and he keeps telling me that shriek show is not releaseing Fulci's Zombi 3 but Bianchi's Nights Of Terror aka Zombie 3. I have nothing against the guy but I just want this piece of news on the news page. Just to make shure, Shriek Show is releasing Fulci/Mattei's Zombi 3. Not zombie 3(burial Ground), not zombie 4, not zombie 5, not zombie 6 ,not zombie 90 just zombi 3 :rolleyes: because I am trying to tell this guy that Shriek show is releasing Fulci/Mattei's Zombi 3 . Just to make shure ;) . jak

crank
07-25-2001, 02:07 PM
I have the DVD of Demonia, and the quality is somewhat quoestionable. I have a feeling alot of that has to do with the source material (Demonia was never really officially released). The menu's and extras on the disc are a little lacking as well. My feeling is pretty much that it would be better if either Anchor Bay, or Image or someone else were releasing these titles it would probably be better. but I'll take what I can get.

crank

bruce h
07-26-2001, 02:41 AM
Demonia was released on video in Japan by Nikkatsu Video. I know because I own the tape. I'll compare the two once I get the DVD.

bruce h
07-26-2001, 03:16 AM
jak - a few things to keep in mind:

- it is quite possible that the Shriek Show Zombi 3 will be Burial Ground. it was a few months back when i talked to the guy from Shriek Show and he could have been confused. we usually know a good bit more about the films than the companies that put them out.

- Mark Jason Murray (the guy who runs Shocking Images) is a knowledgable guy and has a good relationship with Media Blasters. if they told him it's Burial Ground it probably is.

jak
07-26-2001, 03:26 AM
Damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit! I was really hoping for a dvd release of Fulci's Zombi 3! Well, atleast there's still a chance of it being released in 3D ;) hopefully. jak

skinnypuppy6
07-26-2001, 03:33 AM
burial ground(zombi 3) ntsc cool! take what you can get just have to wait a while longer for Fulci's Zombi 3

boyd1955
07-26-2001, 11:04 AM
What is the matter with you lot... Fulci was involved in very little of Zombie 3... In fact at the time he stated that he only worked for 2 days on it... Who knows what the truth is because he always changed his stories... But one things for sure, he totally disowned the film... And it's a pile of crap... Bianci's "Burial Ground" is no masterpiece... But far better and a good laugh with a bunch of mates :)))

The Chaostar
07-26-2001, 02:24 PM
What is the matter with you lot... Fulci was involved in very little of Zombie 3... In fact at the time he stated that he only worked for 2 days on it... Who

"During the making of Zombie 3 I had the usual arguments but finished a cut of the film which was 75 minutes long" says Fulci in BEYOND TERROR.

The female star of the film stated in an interview in Dark Side that fulci worked on the film for four weeks, and they went back again for another ten days to shoot new material.

That was confirmed by screenwriter Fragasso who said that after Fulci returned from philipinnes they found out thet they were 20 minutes short of footage!

I think Fulci just didn't care for Zombie 3 as he didn't care for Aenigma, or Demonia or Touch Of Death or even Manhattan Baby. Without Saschetti, Salvati, Frizzi and Rossi he could make it (even though his early giallos where really good - maybe old age and diabitis has something to do with it).

boyd1955
07-26-2001, 02:54 PM
As with Zombie 3 ( and don't believe everything you read in books... He didn't work that much on it )... Aenigma, Demonia and Manhattan Baby are absolutely shit movies... Unwatchable trash... Not even amusingly bad... Not sure about Touch Of Death as I haven't seen it yet...
It's about time some things were said about Fulci... He made some good films in his early years... I think " Don't torture a duckling" was a great movie in it's time... But no-one who knows anything about film can claim that he was a great film maker... Don't misunderstand me... I find a lot of his films really entertaining... But they are not great films... Fulci at his best was an decent craftsman that gave the audience and the producers what they wanted... But great film maker... NO... Never

skinnypuppy6
07-27-2001, 03:56 AM
"Fulci at his best was an decent craftsman that gave the audience and the producers what they wanted... But great film maker... NO... Never"........WHAT? Ive been pleased with every FULCI film ive seen i guess you wished Fulci had made a "Great" film like scream. some people just dont get Fulci
:confused:

boyd1955
07-27-2001, 10:29 AM
Hey Puppy
If you were pleased with "Manhattan Baby" you'll watch anything... That film really is toilet and not worth wasteing 90 minutes on... Get a life boy

Andrew
07-27-2001, 09:29 PM
So Burial Ground is coming to Region 1 NTSC? I'll be picking it up, but this post is a mess of replies to replies so I'm kinda confused.

skinnypuppy6
07-28-2001, 10:07 PM
ill admit Manhatten baby was a little weak but it is still fulci and i didnt think i wasted 91 mins on it or the 16.99 i paid for it!!! and ill watch any thing i fucking want to ...boy.............d1955

crank
07-28-2001, 10:12 PM
I know that it's an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked Manhattan Baby. I know that it was far from Fulci's best work, but I thought it was a cool, and rather creepy little film. The story was weak, but I still dug the dark vibe that permiated the whole film. I've posted a rather lengthy review up on Amazon.com, if anybody is curious.

crank

flame away.

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-29-2001, 05:08 AM
Hey Puppy
If you were pleased with "Manhattan Baby" you'll watch anything... That film really is toilet and not worth wasteing 90 minutes on... Get a life boy

Ooohh... Get her!

boyd1955
07-31-2001, 04:03 PM
Oh the little heavy metal children are annoyed... Well kids I'm glad to say heavy metal died with the hippies... And what you are is American... And by the signs Middle American... Which is sad for you cos there's no hope of you ever having an original thought in your lives unless you pick up your sad little arses and relocate to somewhere where you can develope into a human being... For most of you it is probably too late... But who cares... We get what we deserve... Suck on that dated nonentities

AceRimRat
07-31-2001, 08:53 PM
Now, now, play nice, boy(d)s and girls.

Trout
08-01-2001, 02:18 AM
Too bad most people don't give Manhattan baby a chance. When most people think of horror or Fulci, they think of gore, but these films go beyond that. Sure, it's not his best, but it really isn't all that bad either (same goes for Black cat).

skinnypuppy6
08-01-2001, 04:44 AM
"Oh the little heavy metal children are annoyed... Well kids I'm glad to say heavy metal died with the hippies... And what you are is American... And by the signs Middle American... Which is sad for you cos there's no hope of you ever having an original thought in your lives unless you pick up your sad little arses and relocate to somewhere where you can develope into a human being... For most of you it is probably too late... But who cares... We get what we deserve... Suck on that dated nonentities" HEY Boyd, WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about dont make me pull some 1776 on your redcoated ass

Werner Von Wallenrod
08-01-2001, 02:22 PM
Oh the little heavy metal children are annoyed... Well kids I'm glad to say heavy metal died with the hippies... And what you are is American... And by the signs Middle American... Which is sad for you cos there's no hope of you ever having an original thought in your lives unless you pick up your sad little arses and relocate to somewhere where you can develope into a human being... For most of you it is probably too late... But who cares... We get what we deserve... Suck on that dated nonentities

Hee, hee :p
Oh, my...!

boyd1955
08-01-2001, 02:34 PM
:cool:

The Chaostar
08-01-2001, 06:11 PM
hey, skinny, don't spoil this forum.

mcchrist
08-01-2001, 10:46 PM
OK, see what I miss out on! :D

skinnypuppy6
08-02-2001, 12:38 AM
"hey, skinny, don't spoil this forum." Oh ok.

ZOMBI 3 ZOMBI 3

The Chaostar
08-02-2001, 08:47 AM
Skinny I hope you are not offended. I know I was though. The reason for sticking to this site for so long is that everything is kept to the right level. If I wanted to start a fight with someone I'd jump to a different forum (there are so many these days). So, when I felt that things were getting out of hand I felt the urge to write what I did.
Again, I hope you are not offended, but if you did it's not my problem.

The Chaostar
08-02-2001, 08:51 AM
And Boyd, why anyone should "get a life" just because he likes a film you don't? Please explain this to me 'cause I don't get it.

Oh, and I think that metal is more than big in the US with all these bands like KORN and TOOL....

boyd1955
08-02-2001, 10:24 AM
Choaster
The reason people need to get a life if they like "Manhattan Baby" (or any other film with such a lack of anything going for it) is that the people in this forum need to start being more critical of what they watch... It sounds like an advert created by the releasing companies most of the time... Just because a film falls into the horror catagory you would swear it was worth watching if you read this page every day... It really does sound like half the people are distributor employees...
Most horror movies are shit... Just like any other form of movie... Some of the shit ones are really entertaining... But most are a waste of 90 minutes of your life
As for metal... It really isn't worth talking about... Some New Metal is quite good, but most of it sounds like it was created 30 years ago... It could be your fathers playing it... SAD

boyd1955
08-02-2001, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah... Love and Peace... And Vive L'Anarchie :)

The Chaostar
08-02-2001, 11:53 AM
Just because a film falls into the horror catagory you would swear it was worth watching if you read this page every day

No one forces you...

boyd1955
08-02-2001, 02:16 PM
Choaster
No one forces me to do anything... I come here to get fairly up to date info... Sometimes I see things I agree with or have answers to which I provide... Sometimes I see things that I disagree with and I comment... It's called free speach... Now I know that America has a retard as President at the moment, but sofar the idiot has not managed to gag everybody... However, there is a chance he will try... So keep your eyes open.

Love and Anarchy... And respect for those hurt in Genoa

:)

The Chaostar
08-02-2001, 02:22 PM
Now I know that America has a retard as President at the moment, but sofar the idiot has not managed to gag everybody

After that comment I take everything back!

BUT... it's ChaostAr!

boyd1955
08-02-2001, 04:03 PM
Sorry Chaostar ;)

AceRimRat
08-02-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by boyd1955
Choaster
The reason people need to get a life if they like "Manhattan Baby" (or any other film with such a lack of anything going for it) is that the people in this forum need to start being more critical of what they watch... It sounds like an advert created by the releasing companies most of the time... Just because a film falls into the horror catagory you would swear it was worth watching if you read this page every day... It really does sound like half the people are distributor employees...
Most horror movies are shit... Just like any other form of movie... Some of the shit ones are really entertaining... But most are a waste of 90 minutes of your life

The way I figure, most of the people here are horror fans, so why would you expect a ton of criticism? I mean, plenty of folks here admit their favorite movies are flawed, but no matter how flawed your favorite movie, you're more likely to talk about what you like about it than what you don't, right?

I mean, I like 80s slashers. Honestly, they're lousy movies. But I'm going to spend my time talking about the (few) scary moments, the (sometimes) good effects and the (often) gratuitous sex and violence, and not about how none of actors can act or none of the directors can direct - I like the movie.

I don't think that means people here think all horror films rank among the greats of all time. But just because Biozombie ain't Citizen Kane doesn't make it a film not worth appreciating.

My $.02.

Werner Von Wallenrod
08-03-2001, 05:31 AM
And what you are is American... And by the signs Middle American... Which is sad for you cos there's no hope of you ever having an original thought in your lives unless you pick up your sad little arses and relocate to somewhere where you can develope into a human being... For most of you it is probably too late...

I enjoy Boyd's comments. I think the part really that's really gonna be cool is when he makes a list of some of his recent original thoughts, to put us to shame and show that he wasn't just full of hot air... Ten original thoughts. Or five... or three. Whatever. All posts should have original thoughts, I say. I'm ready for B to bring it on. And everyone else can feel free to jump in with as many as they can think of, too. This'll be the Zombi 3/ original thoughts thread. Ha cha cha. I'm excited. :D

boyd1955
08-03-2001, 10:35 AM
Original thought No 1

I don't think I can manage 10 at once so there will be 1 a day Werner

Youth culture used to be based on music, but ended with dance in the nineties... The latest youth craze has moved away from it's music base and has taken the form of direct confrontation... The new youth cult can be seen regularly on the news... It has been forced into existance by the ever increasing controls and destruction caused by world integrated business... When ever you see a G4 summit you will have live coverage of the latest party.

Your views on thought 1,Werner?

Werner Von Wallenrod
08-03-2001, 09:55 PM
Well, gee. "Youth culture" (and even moreso "youth cult") is kind of a funny concept, which I would sort of imagine springs more from the insecurities of alienated older generations than from any genuine phenomenon. I mean, to imply that any age group forms its own cohesive culture just by virtue of a more recent birthday seems just wrong to me.
And far be it from me to speak for the youth of today, but I think isolation and a sense of disbelonging to any culture of peers or otherwise and a lack of any kind of satisfying confrontation is the reigning trait of "today's youth" (the supposed impersonal divisions created by new technologies, and all that bubble gum). And what backlash there has been against that seems to have been the music scene. Heck; I thought the latest youth craze was foam room glow shows (or Blues Clues, depending on just how young you're talkin'). The last thing young adults seem to be doing is moving away from music and dancing...
Hasn't the dual obligation of creating the latest dance craze and rebelling against antiquated social norms always fallen to the youth? But maybe the fact that two things so unrelated are always credited to the same group just goes to show how inadequate it is to categorize cultures by generations. Angry, poor kids challenge conventions while upper class kids try to score something to smoke from 'em... Is anything changed? ...Not that music and confrontation are mutually exclusive, anyway...
...This is feeling rather scattershot (on my part); I'm afraid I don't really see your point. But if you're saying that young adults have moved on from an obsession with dance music to politics, I don't agree. The youth culture, being the disparate nonentity that it is, has always been big on both and still is.

"Racism spans from here to the dance floor." - movie