PDA

View Full Version : She-Freak--Ugh

Trashboy
12-19-2000, 10:03 PM
I Just watched my DVD of She-Freak and man,
this movie sucks!! Even if it were cut down to half an hour it would be too long. When
I heard that this flick was a reworking of Tod Browning's Freaks I had to get it. Poor acting and low production values are to be expected,but this is a really,really boring piece o' Z-grade shit. Endless footage of people walking around,setting up rides,taking
down rides,riding rides...ugh.I'd be more in
depth about this celluloid atrocity--but my keyboard is all screwed up.But if there is anyone who actually likes this film please let me know why...I feel gypped (appropriate for a carnival movie-I guess that's Mr. Friedman's punchline)

joltaddict
12-20-2000, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the info, the only review I saw was at mondo-digital and they gave it a decent review. I think I'll take your word over theirs, at least I know your taste somewhat.

------------------
Further Proof of my Obsesive-Compusive Disorder (http://www.crosswinds.net/~joltaddict/dvdcatalog.htm)

ArrowBeach
12-20-2000, 12:24 AM
I didnt mind it too much, again it is a 1969-1971 movie,and I dunno, I kind of liked it!

Mark Relford
12-20-2000, 04:33 AM
Ugh is the right word for this movie. I didn't care for it either. Check out The Erotic Adventures of Zorro, The Adult Version of Jekyll and Hyde, or the upcoming Defilers/Scum of the Earth DVD for a better representation of Friedman.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

Django
12-21-2000, 05:50 AM
She Freak is the movie that stopped my buying of the Something Weird titles...