PDA

View Full Version : annoying

cjg
06-26-2001, 04:40 AM
who do you think is the most annoying child actor in a horror film?my vote goes to the kid who plays bob in the house by the cemetary :o

life_o_petey
06-26-2001, 04:43 AM
probably the kid in the Shining. or the one in Vampire Hunter D...if that counts.

Yowie
06-26-2001, 05:51 AM
Yeah, that kid in "House By The Cemetery" didn't fare too well. -And he was even worse in "Manhattan Baby" !. Also, I found the kid in the first "Childs Play" movie irritating. He upgraded a bit in "Childs Play 2", though.

crank
06-27-2001, 12:14 AM
The kid in House By The Cemetary isn't actually all that bad an actor. The problem in that movie was the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE dubbing. Not the kis so much. I would have to vote for the entire youthful cast of that 80's classic The Monster Squad.

crank

Paff
06-27-2001, 12:21 AM
I firmly believe it was the annoying kid in Mario Bava's Shock that prevented me from enjoying that film.

As for the guy who mentioned Vampire Hunter D, I'd leave Anime out of this discussion, only because it seems like EVERY Anime film or series has at least one super-annoying kid...

laze
06-27-2001, 04:51 PM
Paff -- You must admit, though, that the scene with the kid running down the hallway was freaky. That's one of the few scenes that made me jump the first time I saw it.

As most annoying kids, I'd also say the boy from HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY with the scary man-boy from ZOMBI 3 coming in a close second. "This cloth smells of death!"

Paff
06-27-2001, 07:04 PM
Oh hell yeah, the kid down the hallway is one of the best effects of all time...
It's especially great 'cause it's an in-camera effect, which they did all the time in the old silent films.

It's just that the first 45 minutes or so of Shock is just that whining kid over and freakin over again. Last half hour is fantastic, as long as you haven't thrown a hammer through your TV to try to get that kid to shut up.

K'
06-27-2001, 08:11 PM
I really was annoyed by "John John" from City of the living Dead. Close to him is, the already mentioned, Child from House by the Cemetary.

Trout
06-28-2001, 01:11 AM
I always hated the kid in the TV version of the Shining.

NickyDoyle
06-28-2001, 05:36 AM
This is an easy one, the kid CJ in Romano Scavolini's Nightmare. God, he's so annoying. Maybe he shouldn't get all the credit, the 2 other kids are universaly whinny :p .

Andrew
06-28-2001, 09:54 PM
Hmmm...probably the "boy" who was in Burial Ground (Zombi 3). When him and his mom were...........ugh............can't talk about it. But yeah he was annoying as anything.

Suicide
06-28-2001, 11:08 PM
oh yeah definitely that bastard from Burial Ground. Although i read that he was a dwarf or something, who was really like 25. He still looked like a kid. And who's mom breastfeeds their kid at his age?:(

Andrew
06-29-2001, 01:40 AM
Yeah, that's why I said "boy".

Suicide
06-29-2001, 05:48 AM
Yeah sorry bout that, I noticed the "boy" part after I posted my reponse, but I was too lazy to go back and change it.

Captain Howdy
07-03-2001, 10:10 AM
I think I am correct in saying that the boy in House by the Cemetary is actually dubbed by a woman doing an impression of a boy. I read this in an article somewhere. I agree it really does grate on the nerves.

The Chaostar
07-03-2001, 12:05 PM
The choice to use a dwarf in Burial ground was sick, just sick.
It makes the movie even more morbid and surreal.

I like Burial Ground quite a bit.
I find a nightmare quality in it.

Fredson
07-04-2001, 01:00 AM
Maybe not annoying but disturbing was the kid in Hell of the Living Dead (Night of the Zombies, Zombie Creeping Flesh, Virus, Apocalypsis Cannibal, Inferno die morit viventi), I think!
That kid looked so weird and freaked me out, especially when he bit his mom's tit! Urgh!

Fredson

bigfreak
07-08-2001, 09:37 PM
I agree with you all, but what about the horrible kid in Near Dark and River's Edge!

And who can forgive Edward Furlong for ruining T2. Amazingly enough he turned out to be a good actor and take SOME interesting roles (Pecker and American History X in particular).

napalm68
07-09-2001, 01:32 PM
Hey, don't forget Furlong in Pet Sematary Two. I actually liked that film a lot, and much better than the first. However, it was a long time ago I saw it. I am contemplating getting the DVD.

Anyone here like PS2? Someone talk me out of it if it was just a case of me seeing it too young :)

Suicide
07-09-2001, 08:56 PM
And though it's not horror, and though they were playing teenagers, let's not forget, Ashton Kutcher, and that other guy, in Dude, where's my car? And their pitiful attempt at making a new 'hip' word with "Shibby" Sorry just had to complain about that true asshole of a movie.

skinnypuppy6
07-14-2001, 12:15 AM
yeh, that little bastard in SHOCK takes the cake.