PDA

View Full Version : The Mummy?

Andrew
06-28-2001, 06:07 AM
Is Anchor Bay ever going to release this??? It's my favorite Hammer flick and I have to settle for it once every couple months on AMC.

HammerFANatic
06-28-2001, 03:35 PM
Andrew, I've heard that the Hammer *Big Three* will be released in the UK, this Fall.....those titles being, Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula (Horror of) and The Mummy! I hope we see them released here in the States, but if not, I plan on purchasing those being released in the UK!

Yowie
06-28-2001, 05:41 PM
Wonderful news about those 3 Hammer titles on region 2, isn't it ?. I wonder if they'll be letterboxed ?. Probably not. Oh well, I'm getting them anyway.

Fart Lighter
06-30-2001, 12:39 AM
(sighs) yes....they'll be in their correct ratios, any particular reason you think they wont? It's only a handful of small pathetic companies like Digital Entertainment and MIA who don't do them right.

the big three are coming through a Warner-Studio Canal+ colaboration, like the recent HIGHLANDER. they will have any footage previoulsy censored restored (hoping they do the same with TASTE THE BLOOD if they get around to that one). Most likey they'll be in keep cases too.
Extras will be trailers only
AB cannot get the rights to any Hammer films belonging to Warner or Paramount. Warner hold a huge share of Hammer films, hence the pittance of releases onto DVD.
Personally I really want BRIDES OF DRACULA and HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES.

Evil Twin
07-08-2001, 05:33 AM
Heh, I was wondering when you'd mention The Mummy here, Drew.

Sure is a classic, although they do owe a bit to the Universal original (were those the same props in the "parade" sequence???).

Chris Lee did for the mummy what he did for Dracula; changed the sterotype of a slow "can't catch 'em without a broken ankle" loser into a rock 'em sock 'em killing machine. Maybe the credit goes to Terry Fisher; I forget if he did The Mummy or not (spare me the "did the mummy" jokes, please!).

Yowie
07-08-2001, 06:27 AM
No reason, I'm just asking. How the hell should I know if whoever's releasing them will put them out in their correct ratio or not ?. I don't even know their original ratio. -Could be full-screen's the correct ratio for all I know. I'm constantly curious about these things, so sigh if you want.