PDA

View Full Version : Demons/Demons 2

Suicide
06-29-2001, 02:40 AM
I was wondering if any one can tell me if they are any good? Because the set is coming out and don't want to but it if they aren't any good.

Andrew
06-29-2001, 03:45 AM
Demons is a great flick. The make-up scared the crap outa me when I watched it. I have the Anchor Bay VHS around somewhere, but I'm definitely buying the DVD 2pack.

Jason25
06-29-2001, 03:48 AM
Excellent films, the 1st one is better, but both are enjoyable.

Great gore, cool music, and decent acting. Definitely check them out, it will be money well spent.

Spectre
06-29-2001, 05:51 AM
The first one is great--a nice little tribute to Lamberto's father (the mask, the lighting, etc.). The plot is full of holes, and there's a subplot about a group of punks in a car that goes absolutely nowhere. Also, Frizzi's 80s discopop theme will annoy you the first time you see it, but you'll find it grows on you. Demons is a hell of a lot of fun--one of my favorite spaghetti flicks.

Demons 2, on the other hand, is a lesser effort, but it's still worth a look. It's basically a remake, with a different set of characters in a similar situation. There's yet another subplot about punks in a car, only it doesn't even get as far as the one in the original did. Some of the FX are so off the wall, that you can't help but wonder if Lamberto was intentionally shooting for humor, or if it was just a case of bad FX. It doesn't have the multi-colored sets and lighting either.

Take note though--The original Demons 2 dvd has a defect. The scene where the butcher wipes the knife pixelates. At first I thought it was just either a defective and/or incompatible disc, so I returned it. The new copy ended up doing the same thing on both of my players. MY friend bought it later, and his did the same thing during the same scene. The repackaged sets are going to utilize the same transfers, so whether or not they've fixed the glitch, I don't know. I e-mailed Anchor Bay after the replacement copy did the same thing, and they just apologized and offered me a refund.

DVD Connoisseur
06-30-2001, 02:00 AM
I've just ordered the AB double bill. Demons is a great movie that brings back a lot of memories from my college days and late night video parties in the hall of residence. It's not a perfect film but it's a great combination of a stonking rock soundtrack and pop-music style visuals that assault the senses in a way that is thoroughly entertaining.

It's been over 10 years since my last viewing and I'm really looking forward to watching it again (and its sequel). Although Demons 2 is criticised for being a pale imitation of the original, it's still worth a viewing, IMHO.