PDA

View Full Version : Phantasm Signature Series

Vincent Pina
10-20-2003, 11:19 PM
Was absolutely all of this laserdisc ported over to the DVD? I really love the packaging on this laser and I would love to have the soundtrack, but I'm not sure if I should spend $50 to $100 for this box. If some of the extras were left of the DVD, I might be more tempted.

Paff
10-21-2003, 12:02 AM
The Laserdisc extras:

Commentary
Home movies from the set, narrated by Don Coscarelli and Reggie Bannister
Deleted scenes
Theatrical Trailer and TV spots
30 minute video interview with Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm (from 1979)
Still frame archives, including production photos, posters, lobby cards, fan art, props, and more

If anything didn't get ported over, it would likely only be the last item. I have the standard edition, not the box set, which means I didn't get the sountrack.

Dave
10-21-2003, 03:44 AM
Does the set still sell for that much dough? I'm surprised. I believe the DVD is the same transfer. I know the DVD is not 16x9. And I think the DVD has some extra deleted scenes that weren't on the LD.

Dave
10-21-2003, 03:48 AM
Yeah, there were two additional deleted scenes on the DVD that weren't on the LD. And I believe the DVD did have all of the LD extras. At a price of $19, it's hard to pass up on the DVD.

chrishicks
10-21-2003, 03:57 AM
I have the non signature(same discs, just no sigs) set so I'll have to check the features.

chrishicks
10-21-2003, 04:11 AM
features seem to be identical. one bonus on the DVD is a new 5.1 soundtrack.

Vincent Pina
10-21-2003, 06:20 AM
Yeah, the signature box is still going for this much on ebay....I'm guessing it's because of the signatures and the soundtrack. I don't think I would just buy the laserdisc without the box. I really love my DVD, and it's been signed by everyone anyway. Maybe I should just look for the soundtrack as a solo item. Thanks.

Agent Z
10-21-2003, 07:34 AM
If you're a completist (and there's nothing wrong with being one) then get the PHANTASM LD boxset, as it sure is a nice collectible..... :)

And either way, the PHANTASM SE dvd is a no-brainer...as it is loaded for bear and can be picked up at Best Buy for ten dollars and change.......or for a smidge cheaper at DDD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MGD907793)

An absolute steal........ :)