PDA

View Full Version : Big Emma's Halloween Sale

Paff
11-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Anyone grab a few of Big Emma's Halloween discs?

Some good stuff, but I'm not sure why Evil of Frankenstein now fetches $40. Big E used to be a place to get deals you couldn't get on E-Bay.

I did pick up:
Cannibal Ferox (Grindhouse release)
Rasputin (Elite)
Raven/Masque of the Red Death (to complete my Image Poe/Corman/Price collection)

Dave
11-01-2003, 12:13 PM
I did see that when I was browsing their site yesterday, but it seemed they didn't really have many discs as part of that special. Maybe they just sold most of them by the time I got around to looking...

Paff
11-03-2003, 01:24 AM
I actually thought they put some pretty good discs on that sale. A lot of Hammer movies, Italian movies, and many Elite and Roan discs. Like i mentioned though, a lot of the prices were a bit high.

But some gems in the group are:
Baron Blood/Lisa and the Devil double feature disc from Elite
Blade in the Dark and Blood and Black Lace, which are worth purchasing for the cover art alone.
A couple of your Full Moon movies, Puppet Master 1 and 2
The "other" Argento documentary, Master of Horror
Fearless Vampire Killers

I could have bought a lot more easily, but I'm still dirt poor

Dave
11-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Most of the prices are still too high.

Fearless Vampire Killers isn't worth $40. No way, no how. You can get it on ebay for less than that. And the Puppet Master movies aren't worth $15 each.

Anyway, after taking another look, it seems there are more titles now. Maybe I didn't finish loading the page the first time around. All I did was search for 'Halloween', but last time I didn't get nearly as many results. I still didn't find much I was interested in, however.

wago70
11-03-2003, 05:32 PM
I almost bought a few titles - as my LD machine gets a lot of play. Prices were steep, though - but I'll keep an eye on Big Emma's in the near future.