PDA

View Full Version : Shift's Quickie Review: Of Unknown Origin (1983)

shift
11-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Of Unknown Origin
(1983)
Starting:

Of Unknown Origin
Peter Weller
------------------------------------

Movie is released by WB and I must say at first that this movie has a excellent transfer! Way to go WB (edited).

The movie starts off when Bart Hughes wife and son were leaving Bart Hughes by himself to visit family and he was left alone in his nice home.
Bart Hughes (Peter Weller) is a successful business man that had his mind in the correct path and business was doing great, UNTIL he notice there was a creature of some kind in his home. We will call the creature a "Of Unknown Origin" :D.
So Bart was finally try to find out what it was in his home and to come to mind it was a ____________, oh and a smart one at it.
Basically while the family was on vacation Bart was trying to figure out how to out smart this "Of Unknown Origin" and catch it/kill it. Let me tell you that it was not pretty. Mr. Bart was destroying his career at work and he started to get weird (people at work noticed it). He locked himself up in his own home to try to destroy this "Of Unknown Origin". The whole house gets fucked up. I can't tell you the end. But I thought it was hilarious what he said to his wife when she came back home!!!

Note: Turn off your Brain and just enjoy a little trashing ;)

I give the movie
:banana: :banana: :banana: out of :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

shift
11-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Oh forgot to mention that Shannon Tweed started in this flick. She is a hottie in this one. She played as Bart's wife. You get to see a little bit of tits on her. Man she is hot!!! So that alone made me more excited to see this flick :D

Hellbilly
11-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Movie is released by Blue Underground and I must say at first that this movie has a excellent transfer! Way to go Blue Underground.Um, nope :D Of Unknown Origin is actually a Warner Bros film.
Love it, got it from a trade (thanks Mr. Foo).
I still need to check out the audio commentary though.

shift
11-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Fuck,,, your right man. I just watched Shock Waves last night also... and that one was Blue Underground. Thanks for correcting me :D .

Hey it was late at night!!! :P

Hellbilly
11-07-2003, 03:07 PM
No prob shift :D and I totally agree on those Shannon Tweed comments :D
I still think Of Unknown Origin would have made an excellent double feature with Warnes trashy but very entertaining giant rat flick Deadly Eyes (1981) :)

Zodiac-Mindwarp
11-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Nice mini-review Shift. Very glad to hear about the excellent transfer. Anything much in the way of extras?

It sounds like something that I might pick up sometime, since I love these kinds of movies, and having Shannon give us a flash just makes it sound that much better!

shift
11-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Nice mini-review Shift. Very glad to hear about the excellent transfer. Anything much in the way of extras?

It sounds like something that I might pick up sometime, since I love these kinds of movies, and having Shannon give us a flash just makes it sound that much better!

Thanks man! I didn't want to spoil it for others, so I gave as much as I can to get you to grab it. hehe

As for Extras, it does have the directors commentatry, but I did not see it.

I think Tweed was extremely hot looking in this one and I wish she played in it much more. IMHO Tweed was at her tweek peak on hot looks for this year. I think she was #1 playboy centerfold in 1982.... but I may be wrong.
:(

Grab the movie. I really thought the Xfer on this dvd was excellent.

etale
11-22-2003, 08:02 AM
No prob shift :D and I totally agree on those Shannon Tweed comments :D
I still think Of Unknown Origin would have made an excellent double feature with Warnes trashy but very entertaining giant rat flick Deadly Eyes (1981) :)

Sounds like a Laser Ranger session idea to me.

Or with the telemovie THE RATS.