PDA

View Full Version : Mario Bava's Black Sabbath

Erg0n
07-02-2001, 11:05 PM
this is showing at one of the cinemas close to my place. Apparently it has some good reviews, 3 stories introduced by boris karloff (who is he?). Have any of you guys seen it? is it as good as it gets in italian horror? supposedly it influenced many popular directors. can't wait to see it.

Yowie
07-03-2001, 03:12 PM
Go see it. You will never be the same. (-Who's Karloff ?. You're kidding, right ?.)

Spectre
07-03-2001, 09:27 PM
Make sure it's the original, Italian version. The U.S. version is butchered--the story order is rearranged, the dialogue in "The Telephone" segment has been completely rewritten for the dubbing, in order to remove all references to Rosey and her lover being a lesbian couple (Americans must not have been aware of lesbians at the time!), and I think "The Wurdulak" segment is edited.

The Italian version is amazing though--and it's on DVD...

Erg0n
07-05-2001, 08:08 PM
cool, thanks for the insight.
It's in Italian with english subtitles.

I really did not know who Karloff was. But i do now

cjg
07-05-2001, 09:11 PM
its great the dvd was released in italian all the foreign films released on dvd should be in their original language most of the dubbed movies sound ridiculous

crank
07-05-2001, 10:18 PM
C'mon, I know we would all prefer to see the correct Itailan version, but even if it was the American version, would you really turn down the chance to see Bava's work on the big screen.

crank

cjg
07-06-2001, 02:27 AM
i like most of bavas work but i know i wouldnt pay to see 5 dolls for an august moon or the god awful knives of the avenger on the big screen or in any language on my tv screen is bad enough