PDA

View Full Version : The House by the cemetary...???

Doyel
07-03-2001, 08:28 PM
Did anyone else here find the NEW AnchorBay release to somehow be missing chuncks of the film??? I mean there were soo many questions left un answered like: Why did people think he had been there before??? (I mean I thought there would be a revolation but they insted just killed him off!!!) and Why was the nanny wiping up the blood if she wasn't in on the murder's???!!!!

That is just my thoughts anyone feel the same way about it???:( :eek:

Yowie
07-03-2001, 10:15 PM
I don't think anything is missing from the AB version, and I believe the nanny is actually supposed to be a ghost. I mean, Freudstein was still alive after all those years, so something spooky was bound to be going on in and around that house. In regard to the people thinking they'd seen the husband before, I just contribute this "loose end" to Fulci's often confusing, otherworldly and out of context way of telling a story.

Black_Mandarin
07-03-2001, 10:21 PM
Well, I think even the most complete version of the film still has those logic gaps. Hell, most Fulci films do... Just chalk it up to the lackadaze scriptwriting and enjoy the Incredible Melting Zombie, I guess.

That maid cleaning up the gore is one of my favorite cheesball horror bits. The wife sees her mopping up all of this gruesome mess, asks her about it and the maid says something like "I made coffee." The wife just totally forgets about this weird scene because, well,... theres coffee. God forbid you worry about someone cleaning blood and viscera on your floor when theres fresh coffee.

Anyway, thats why I bought the cheap Diamond version. Same uncut Euro print, just cheaper production and no extras.

Jason25
07-04-2001, 07:21 AM
The AB disc is NOT cut. If you feel that chucks are missing, well, that is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to that.

The Diamond dvd looks very washed out but what can you expect for $6?

Doyel
07-04-2001, 11:17 PM
One major thing is the realestate agent that die's is stabbed 3 times in a gory fashion with a fire poker, then we see the good DR. drag her body away and there is a large amount of damage done to her face!!! Like in a scene that we didn't see he continued the violent attack and bashed or sliced her face acouple times!!!:D

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-05-2001, 03:26 AM
Maybe her face just naturally exploded. That happens sometimes. I read about it.

parallax1
07-05-2001, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Doyel
One major thing is the realestate agent that die's is stabbed 3 times in a gory fashion with a fire poker, then we see the good DR. drag her body away and there is a large amount of damage done to her face!!! Like in a scene that we didn't see he continued the violent attack and bashed or sliced her face acouple times!!!:D

I remember reading that Fulci cut that part of the attack out because the FX looked cheap.

Doyel
07-05-2001, 07:34 PM
Oh and the blood bat wasn't cheap??? I think they should have left it in because If they cut 1 scene they probably cut other's!!!:mad:

skinnypuppy6
07-13-2001, 11:10 PM
why not KILL a REAL bat!!!!

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-14-2001, 05:07 AM
The blood bat was frikken' awesome... In our dreams real bats bleed that much.

Doyel
07-14-2001, 09:36 AM
RIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT moving on

Mario77
07-14-2001, 10:55 PM
Anchor Bay never releases edited or cut films. If you are going to watch Fulci films, and I think you should, you must learn to abandon such things as linear plots, character motivation and logic...

crank
07-14-2001, 11:47 PM
As much as I love Anchor Bay (and being a Massive Fulci Freak, thats quite a lot) I must correct you. They have released edited or cut films. Not like Image did with Jess Franco's Female Vampire (where they cut the movie themselves) but they have released R rated versions of films, or slightly shorter versions of films when uncut versions do exist. Maximum Overdrive, Sleepaway Camp, Return of the Blind Dead, and Vampyres are just a couple of examples.

crank

Mario77
07-15-2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by crank
As much as I love Anchor Bay (and being a Massive Fulci Freak, thats quite a lot) I must correct you. They have released edited or cut films. Not like Image did with Jess Franco's Female Vampire (where they cut the movie themselves) but they have released R rated versions of films, or slightly shorter versions of films when uncut versions do exist. Maximum Overdrive, Sleepaway Camp, Return of the Blind Dead, and Vampyres are just a couple of examples.

crank

I guess I shouldn't have said never. ALMOST never would have been more appropriate.