PDA

View Full Version : Lucio Fulci question

life_o_petey
07-04-2001, 05:48 AM
its actually only about House By the Cemetery, but there was that other HBTC title and this would make it a little redundant...but anyway, i'm now exercising my right to post the same thing on 3 different sites :D :

here's the deal. I'm not a Fulci fan. I don't HATE his movies, but the only one i found fairly entertaining was Zombie. I think his dialogue is a little flat...he uses the same types of characters over and over (how many times have we seen a reporter as one of the main characters?), and his plots aren't too intruiging.

I've seen a few of his movies...the Beyond, Zombie, City of the Living Dead, Don't Torture a Duckling, New York Ripper...i think thats it...

what i DO like about his movies is obviously...the gore. though he doesn't use as much as i thought he would when i first started watching his movies...with a nickname like the Godfather of Gore...but nevertheless, he does throw in some pretty cool deaths once in a while (the girl puking her guts out in City of the Living Dead).

So...knowing this about my Fulci tastes, do you think i'd like House by the Cemetery? Or is it worth renting, at least? Also, Cat in the Brain sounds pretty good...

assuming i don't win the dvd...heh.

Jason25
07-04-2001, 08:28 AM
If all you are after is gore, which it sounds like you are, then of course you will be dissapointed. Gore is only one ingredient in Fulci's films. Sounds to me that Fulci may not be for you.

I hate to ask how you feel about Don't Torture a Duckling.

As for you saying "his plots aren't too intruiging", can you elaborate? That isn't much of an arguement if you ask me.

crank
07-05-2001, 10:15 PM
HBTC is commenly considered to be the one Fulci movie that even non-Fulci fans dig. It's the only movie some of my friends who think that Fulci is crap have liked. I am a HUGE fan of the maestro's work, so obviosly I would recommend this movie to anybody. But it does play much more like a standard horror film than many of his movies. Much more plot and charecterasation, and not as much bizzare, dark ambience.

Hope that helps.
crank

betterdan
07-07-2001, 06:48 AM
I can't believe I've never seen house by the Cemetery. i love all my other Fulci discs and want to get this one but I've already bought about 12 discs this month and better stop so i can pay my bills :rolleyes:

crank
07-07-2001, 09:59 PM
Don't get me started on spending too much money. I just bought the House/House2 Anchor Bay DVD, and Image's I Vampiri last night, and am ordering Demonia and Cat O'Nine Tails later today. No more money for me.

crank

skinnypuppy6
07-13-2001, 11:44 PM
if its your budget you are worried about why not by the diamond vesion of H.B.T.C bust buy carries theese DVDs under 10.00 you get no extras but if you dig the film you can get the anchor bay version for about 20.00 (I paid 19.99 in atlanta for the A.B disc)at best buy (no plug intended.)

Jason25
07-15-2001, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by crank
Don't get me started on spending too much money. I just bought the House/House2 Anchor Bay DVD, and Image's I Vampiri last night, and am ordering Demonia and Cat O'Nine Tails later today. No more money for me.

crank

I agree. I have spent way too much money on dvds lately and with more Fulci and Argento coming out, not to mention several other great releases, I'll have even less money, oh well.