PDA

View Full Version : question??

wizzer
11-26-2003, 05:02 PM
o.k. i've been watching some laserdiscs and notice alot of horizontal lines on alot of the discs. is this from a deteriorating disc, or is there a way to clean the laser or something to improve quality?

dwatts
11-27-2003, 01:47 AM
Are they by Artisan? :D

wizzer
11-27-2003, 02:29 AM
nope :) image and virgin and paramount

wizzer
11-28-2003, 05:58 AM
anyone???????????

laserdogg
11-28-2003, 05:04 PM
anyone???????????

Could be crosstalk from your player being somewhat out of alignment.

wizzer
11-28-2003, 05:10 PM
how can i correct this?

laserdogg
11-28-2003, 05:45 PM
how can i correct this?

Locate a reputable, laserdisc player capable repair shop and have the player aligned.

Visit the newsgroup alt.video.laserdisc and post your question there. You'll get sound advice from an individual by the name of Kurtis Bahr who has extensive experience repairing/tweaking LD players.

wizzer
11-28-2003, 06:30 PM
thank you very much!

jscott
11-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Another LD servicer (that's highly recommended by bigdaddyhorse) is http://www.laserdiscservice.com . They don't charge you anything to look at your player for a repair estimate, and if you don't get it fixed, all they charge you is the cost of shipping the player back to you. They also sell reconditioned used LD players, so maybe you otta give them a shot.

My question for you is, the horizontal lines, are they defined lines, or just kind of darker areas on the picture? Do they roll from top to bottom of the screen? If so, I've had two players that do this (only on certain discs), and I'm not sure the cause, but it's pretty fuckin annoying.

wizzer
11-29-2003, 02:38 AM
IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING WITH THE DISCS BECAUSE SOME ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS AND I JUST GOT A NEW DISC AND IT LOOKS GREAT opps caps lock, anyway the big noticable problem is like on my aladdin disc the colors like blue and purple look like they have waves moving through them. those colors are the worst and you can imagine aladdin looks bad (because hes all blue). could i possibly own a few discs that all happen to be in various stages of rot?

jscott
11-29-2003, 02:52 AM
What make & model of player do you have?

laserdogg
11-29-2003, 03:31 AM
IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING WITH THE DISCS BECAUSE SOME ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS AND I JUST GOT A NEW DISC AND IT LOOKS GREAT opps caps lock, anyway the big noticable problem is like on my aladdin disc the colors like blue and purple look like they have waves moving through them. those colors are the worst and you can imagine aladdin looks bad (because hes all blue). could i possibly own a few discs that all happen to be in various stages of rot?

Does it seem to be CAV discs mainly? I beleive that Aladdin disc is CAV. If so, that still points to an alignment issue. If you post your problem to the newsgroup I mentioned previously, you may get a more detailed analysis.