PDA

View Full Version : Dario Argento's Trauma

robertdowney
07-06-2001, 05:56 AM
When are they going to release this movie on region 1 dvd.God I love this movie,this is the movie that made me an Argento fan.

Mattster
07-06-2001, 06:30 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that Trauma hooked them on to Argento but I can't say that I don't believe it. It's pretty good, just...different. Maybe Anchor Bay will release it.

Evil Twin
07-08-2001, 07:17 AM
Kinda funny, Trauma is pretty much universaly considered a poor outing by Argento. He follows the giallo formula a bit too closely with little of the directorial touches he is normaly associated with.

The most obvious Argento trademark is his daughter's breasts (what is UP with that??).

But if you actually liked Trauma, you'll flip over most of his other movies. Start with Suspiria, it will shock you into acceptance of his style, as well as show you all the things he failed to do in many of his other movies.

I love Argento, but, my God, Phantom was amongst the worst movies I've ever seen.

napalm68
07-09-2001, 01:29 PM
There is a spec ed apparently coming out in the UK from Tartan. It was just going to be a bare bones August release, but they have held off.

I personally like the film a lot (THAT device, and the kid was pretty cool). A lot of same old ideas. But hell, it had:
- Tom Savini effects
- Argento direction
- Brad Dourif
- good gore
- good story
- and of course Asia's breasts :)
What the hell else do you guys want in a horror film? Zombies I guess, but that wouldn't have fitted in the story...

I like that interview with her on that Argento doco, where she was contemplaing the fact that her father had had her mother and sister horribly killed several times on film, but never her, just shot her topless, and raped... Several times. She then said she didn't really want to think about it...

napalm68
07-10-2001, 01:01 AM
Oh yeah, my source for the Trauma Spec Ed is SexGoreMutants (http://www.sexgoremutants.f9.co.uk/frame1.html) , in their News section.

razorbackattack
07-10-2001, 02:07 AM
good movie, but I'd rather see Dellamorte Dellamore come out on region 1 first!