PDA

View Full Version : good LD storage?

chrishicks
07-06-2001, 10:22 PM
anyone know where I can find a good storage rack for my LD's? Right now I just use a bookshelf but I thought I would try to upgrade to something better. I don't have as many LD's as I once did but I still buy alot of discs and I am running out of room. Right now my setup is the bookshelf in the middle of my wall and all the other LD's I have standing upright from the edge of the shelf to the wall. Not a pretty site to be sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And to everyone who answered my last LD post I say thank you.

Paff
07-06-2001, 10:35 PM
LD storage is always a problem. They've invaded all of my entertainment center's space (see the thread under DVD Hardware about mattes,and you'll see I'm in the same boat)

I actually think the answer to this question is the same as the last question you asked: Bags Unlimited
I don't have my BU Catalog near me, but I think they have album/LD storage boxes and racks.

I'd love to get some racks where you can leaf through the discs rather than tilt your head to the side and try to make out the titles. Space prohibits that for the time being however...

MISFITZ
07-09-2001, 11:09 PM
Some office cabinets look like they'd be great. The one next to me is roughly 2 feet or so tall and about 3 foot long. It's 17.5 inches in width. Not only does the cabinet have a lock, but it is also filled with several "dividers" that are not just made to seperate folders. In fact, i have 3 ring binders and software manuals in there.

You could easily put hundreds of LD in here and have them available to "flip" through. It has 2 shelves. Not to mention you could label the dividers with A-B-C or Genre.

I'm sure you could find them at a decent price and they come in so many styles now besides grey or black metel/tin/aluminum. In fact, a lot of BIG companies have auctions for this stuff at dirt cheap prices. I know the one next to me is pretty cool looking and not the typical "office furniture" look.

And at that small snug size, you could easily decorate it and fit in in your 'decor'. Throw a picture of your wife on it or sumthing. :D Put some cool 'model or statue' on it. Either way, that could be an option.

Reverenddave
07-10-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Paff
I actually think the answer to this question is the same as the last question you asked: Bags Unlimited
I don't have my BU Catalog near me, but I think they have album/LD storage boxes and racks.

Bags Unlimited now has their catalog online. It's at:

http://www.bagsunlimited.com

I use their LD Storage Boxes which each hold 50-60 discs. I think you get 2 boxes for around $15. The boxes are stackable.