PDA

View Full Version : Pictures & Information: Suspiria and Opera DVD's

gusse
07-08-2001, 03:28 PM
You can find information about the regular/limited editions of Dario Argento's Opera and Suspiria DVD's at www.darkdreams.org. Anchorbay has finaly released all the information about their upcoming releases, and there are pictures of the artwork to - hurry over there and check them out!:cool:

crank
07-08-2001, 08:28 PM
Am I the only one who prefers the single disk edition artwork for both films over the special editions?

crank

Andrew
07-08-2001, 10:02 PM
No, you aren't. Suspiria's LE cover looks awful, but I can deal with it to get all of the supplements. Opera's is ok, just not as good as the single disc.

Paff
07-08-2001, 10:49 PM
Is that a limited edition of Opera or a repressing of Maitland McDonagh's book, Broken Mirrors Broken Minds?

NickyDoyle
07-09-2001, 12:06 AM
I like the artwork for the single disk better for both compared to the special editions. And yeah, Opera's SE cover does look like it came from off the book; the E. Sciotti artwork for the Opera single disk is much better (while the single Suspiria is a little better than the SE).

I'm happy with the extras on both of the titles. September 11 is a long time to wait! :D

Andrew
07-09-2001, 02:31 AM
I've never seen Opera, but there's no doubt in my mind that I will have it on DVD by the end of the year. My only question is this: Is the score for the film worth $10 extra? Just curious. Thanks.

betterdan
07-09-2001, 03:49 AM
Ok I've heard 2 differnet things. First I heard both editions of Suspiria would be 2 discs but the limited edition would have a soundtrack cd. Now i hear the limited edition will be only 1 disc. Which is it? I don't really want the soundtrack cd but I do want the interview documentary. Is the regular edition gonna be 2 discs or 1?

Rene
07-09-2001, 06:31 AM
That also confused me. The new (final?) Suspiria specs won´t make people happy who were looking forward to the 2-disc version. Not wanting or not being able to afford the LE box, or just already having the Soundtrack-CD results in missing the docu-disc now, that was no cool news :(

napalm68
07-09-2001, 09:44 AM
According to the details at Darkdreams, Suspiria LE will be a 3 DISC SET!!! Two DVDs and a CD soundtrack. Damn it, if they were only putting a soundtrack above the DVD, I would not have bothered. I only buy LEs if there is additional DVD Material.

Mario77
07-14-2001, 11:30 PM
Apparently, from the most recent updates from AB, if you want the 52-minute documentary, youy're gonna have to get the LE, even if you don't want the soundtrack. It appears that the documentary will not be included on the regular edition.

Yowie
07-15-2001, 02:48 AM
I have to get this off my chest. It seems to me that AB (God bless 'em) tend to release the better artwork for the standard/single edition of a given movie, compared to the special edition. -Take "The Beyond" for instance. I do think the more expensive limited edition has the weaker cover. Obviously this indicates to me it's NOT just to avoid confusion about the different editions available, but because they want the die-hards out there to buy both. Anybody else feel the same about their looks ?.

Jason25
07-15-2001, 06:26 AM
Personally, I like The artwork on the tin better on The Beyond, but that's just me.

Mario77
07-15-2001, 06:29 AM
I totally agree. I really like the artwork on "The Beyond" tin.:D

Yowie
07-15-2001, 11:35 PM
Really ?. - Hmm, I don't know. Weird. I think that bloody tin cover sucks. (The artwork that is, not so much the damn tin itself.) I mean, what's so cool about a bad drawing (or bad photo) of a red-faced Emily ?. Weird.