PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know if there will be a version of The Exorcist 2 on DVD or TCM3?

Se7en
01-24-2001, 01:59 AM
Wondering if anybody knew if there will be a version of The Exorcist 2 on DVD? I have never heard any info on it... And will there ever be a Special Edition or a re-release version of The Exorcist 3 on DVD with audio commentary, actual trailer, ect...

I'm a fan of The Exorcist series for better or worse as some people hate the sequels and was wondering if it'll ever get the proper DVD treatment?

If not does anybody have any info on Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 on DVD?

I would appreciate any info...

Jasondog
01-24-2001, 06:41 AM
I would like these two movies too. My copy of Exorcist III has a trailer though. Do i have a different version?

Se7en
01-24-2001, 04:56 PM
No my version also has the trailer but problem is that's not the actual traier. It's the teaser trailer and not the one used for promoting the movie when it came out. I was hoping they put that trailer along with the others and some tv spots. I remember being so excited when I saw the previews for the movie when it was about to be released... I don't follow up on Hollywood news much and it surprised me very much. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

Mark Relford
01-25-2001, 12:32 AM
I want TCM 3 on DVD! Hopefully, New Line will give us those deleted scenes!
BTW, it was nice to see Foree back in action! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

joltaddict
01-25-2001, 01:42 AM
GOD, DO NOT watch The Exorcist II. It ruins the continuity of the series, skip it, go straight to III, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Since everyone even remotely involved in this movie are embarassed by it I don't think it will be getting a release on DVD.

Here's a review ... ExorcistII (http://www.jabootu.com/e2.htm)

Trust me run from any viewing of this movie!

Jasondog
01-25-2001, 02:03 AM
I still want it, its aweful but I love it. Since it was just re-released on VHS i see no reason we won't get a DVD.

fishhead
01-25-2001, 02:21 AM
Yeah, I want TCM 3 too! I'm not real fond of #2 and 4, but I'd grab TCM3 in a second.

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

hojimoji
01-25-2001, 03:00 AM
That Exorcist II review scared me. Anybody that could rail that long against a film has too much time on their hands. Luckily it was well written.

G.

joltaddict
01-25-2001, 03:07 AM
I think he rips it scene for scene! It takes longer to read the review than sit through the movie.

But the review still is better. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

Trashboy
01-25-2001, 11:24 AM
Hopefully,on the off chance that new line does release Leatherface,they will use the real uncut version that replaces both the original ending as well as several scenes involving the little girl (she was a lot more psychotic in the original print),they released an unrated cut that was a joke,it only added a few blood splats and lefty out all the scenes trimmed from Jeff Burr's Director's cut. As for Exorcist III- did anyone notice that the film's actual trailer - the one absent from the DVD showed scenes that were not featured in the film? -- including some seriously creepy face morphing of Father Karras/Gemini killer--I was seriously disappointed when that effect was absent from the theatrical cut.

Jamm
01-25-2001, 12:40 PM
hojimoji, surely you mean the bad review was well written, not Exorcist II. I think the photography in Exorcist II was only thing about it that was done well.

hojimoji
01-25-2001, 05:17 PM
I was definitly refering to the review. I can't comment on the writing of Exorcist II as I have not seen it. Now I'm not sure I would.

G.

Jamm
01-26-2001, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry. We certainly didn't mean to discourage you in any way. (did we?) One of my own personal rules is never to decide what I watch or don't watch based on someone else's opinions. Rent the movie first and see for yourself if you'd like it enough to own. Best way to make decisions with video games too!!!