PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dracula

mcchrist
07-11-2001, 11:14 PM
Here we go with my first poll. I'm just curious to see who people thought was the best dracula. I tried to include some obscure ones as well, but anyway. My favorite Dracula movie the original Nosferatu, I found it hard to decide between Schreck and Christopher Lee, but inevitably I had to vote for Lee if nothing more than for childhood nostalgia.

Paff
07-11-2001, 11:32 PM
"The blood of these whores is making me sick"

Man, easy decision. I'm sorry, but only one person in that list can deliver that line. (ok, we don't know about Max Schreck)

mcchrist
07-12-2001, 12:37 AM
HAHAHAHA! I love it, I can imagine the outcome of replacing many of the intertitles in Nosferatu, the results could be quite dangerous. I haven't watched Blood for Dracula in a while, I know what I'm doing tonight... Maybe a double feature with Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires.

mcchrist
07-12-2001, 12:38 AM
Crap, I forgot Klaus Kinski. Oh well.

Mark Relford
07-12-2001, 03:40 AM
My vote went to Christopher Lee. IMO, he played the perfect Dracula.
And Udo made a damn good Dracula.:D I actually felt sorry for him at the end.

Dave
07-13-2001, 03:10 PM
Tough decision. For me it has to be an someone that lives up to the book both visually and how they act.

Oldman gets the crown thanks to some great makeup work and being on what I'm sure was the biggest budgeted Dracula movie ever. His acting was great in BS Dracula too. IMO, he easily is the only Dracula that lives up to the character Bram Stoker's book.

I haven't see Lee in enough of the Hammer Dracula movies, and I personally don't consider Lugosi a good Dracula at all.

Schreck is certainly the creepiest looking, but that's all he is really.

rhett
09-16-2002, 12:25 AM
For me it doesn't compare, Klaus Kinski gave the best Dracula performance. He built on the nightmarish image of Schreck's Nosferatu and added a human element of loneliness and suffering. I added good ol' Klaus to the list so I could vote for him. :)

I think that Lugosi, Lee, Schreck, Kier and Oldman all made fine Dracula's as well though.

Shannafey
09-16-2002, 03:38 PM
You forgot George Hamilton and Leslie Nielsen. Just kidding. I loved Oldman's makeup and performance too.

moogong
09-16-2002, 05:02 PM
I had to go with Bela Lugosi. He really got the ball rolling for Dracula in Hollywood.

McBride_01
09-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Klaus Kinski, Nosferatu: The Vampyre (1979)

Max Yokell
09-16-2002, 06:32 PM
gotta Go with the Classic ...

My vote was for Bela...

KillerCannabis
09-17-2002, 09:42 PM
I havent seen a Lee vamp flick, so I cant say he wouldnt have gotten my vote. I went with Oldman. He played the many different faces of Dracula perfectly in Stoker's vision of the film.

bwana the clown
09-20-2002, 11:01 AM
Udo!!!!!

He gets my favourite Frankenstein, too! I love those two movies! The way he interacts with his assistant reminds of me of Ren & Stimpy! - "What are you looking at? You feelthy thing!"

Pope V
09-23-2002, 07:46 PM
Max still scares the fuck outta me

Jamm
09-25-2002, 03:39 AM
I was going to cast my vote for Frank Langella. I always liked that adaptation. It had great atomosphere, much like the original. Then Frankie started banging Whoopi Goldberg and I find that I just cannot look at him anymore. So I gave my vote to Christopher Lee.

Yowie
10-01-2002, 09:45 PM
I voted for Lee, and my favorite performance is his savage turn in "Dracula A.D. 1972". John Carradine, Peter Cushing and Lon Chaney Jr. also played the Count once. I just saw Chaney in "Son Of Dracula" (1943) the other day and I thought he did o.k. in the role. As usual with Dracula movies it was a case of the title character everyone wants to see not being seen very much. A pretty good movie actually, perhaps a tad too long with its 82 minutes, but there's a good cast including Frank Craven (writer of Laurel & Hardy's "Sons Of The Desert" !), a strong performance by the sad hero (Robert Paige), and a nice spooky swamp setting. Its conncetion with the above-mentioned Lee movie is obviously the name Alucard.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
10-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Over the years I have always felt that Christopher Lee was the perfect Dracula. Tall, regal, but you could always sense the strength and menace of his character also.
In all fairness I have not seen Gary Oldman's performance in Bram Stoker's Dracula for several years, although I do remember him being very good. However to me, Christopher Lee will always personify Dracula!

Meanie
10-17-2002, 02:52 PM
Bela Lugosi!!

HailtotheKing
10-19-2002, 08:42 AM
Nosferatu scared me the most. Play this movie on a dark and stomy night and I'll bet you won't go to sleep till daylight.

Bela is the ultimate Drac, but Chris Lee is a very close 2nd.