PDA

View Full Version : Dressed To Kill (1980)

RyanPC
01-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Here's my review of the fantastic DRESSED TO KILL:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/journal_view.php?journalid=74328&entryid=28378&view=public

Enjoy! :)

Atmims
01-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Nice work, your getting a little better doing reviews. I really didn't care for the movie though. It's been a while since I seen it but I definetly remember not liking it.

Andrew
01-26-2004, 05:19 PM
This is the only Depalma movie I've seen that I actually enjoyed. Good acting and some tense moments. Love the giallo aspect; who doesn't love American ripoffs of Italian films (in the rare case that they happen)?

Grim
01-26-2004, 06:20 PM
God damn I'm hating Deep Discount DVD's right about now.

RyanPC
01-26-2004, 06:20 PM
This is the only Depalma movie I've seen that I actually enjoyed. Good acting and some tense moments. Love the giallo aspect; who doesn't love American ripoffs of Italian films (in the rare case that they happen)?

Yeah, I agree! Sometimes I call DRESSED TO KILL an "American giallo." :D

Atmims, you should give it another try. You might just like it on a second viewing.

Lyle Horowitz
01-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Good review, Ryan.

I do enjoy Dressed to Kill, but I don't think it is DePlama's best film. I prefer Sisters (on my top 20 favorites list) and Phantom of the Paradise.

RyanPC
01-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Good review, Ryan.

I do enjoy Dressed to Kill, but I don't think it is DePlama's best film. I prefer Sisters (on my top 20 favorites list) and Phantom of the Paradise.

Well, for me, CARRIE and DRESSED TO KILL are tied as my favorite DePalma. But I agree with you there, SISTERS and PHANTOM are wonderful, too (although if I had to choose which I prefer, I would go with SISTERS).

Atmims
01-27-2004, 12:16 AM
My brother bought the Unrated DVD so I may give it another shot sometime. I will admit though, I'm not a big DePalma fan.