PDA

View Full Version : Suspiria Pre-Order

suspiria
07-14-2001, 04:35 AM
Just wondering if any of you guys have pre-ordered the Limited Edition of Suspiria and if so, from which online retailer. I am keen to pre-order it now so I don't miss out on the LE but not many stores have it up for pre-order as yet :(

gusse
07-14-2001, 02:34 PM
I'm allso very interested in knowing where to pre-order Suspiria and Opera. I live in Sweden and have to pre-order it online somwhere where they accept VISA. Any one know where I can find such an site? Where can I make the best deal?

How long do you people reccon it to be before the Limited Edition of Suspiria will be sold out? Any chanse It'll hapen during the pre-orders you think?

Mattster
07-14-2001, 03:59 PM
I pre-ordered mine from www.bestprices.com, www.buy.com has very similar prices though.

Trout
07-14-2001, 06:35 PM
I used Amazon.

Andrew
07-14-2001, 09:04 PM
Just kiddin' there.

No really, SUSPIRIA and OPERA are both up for preorder at BUY.COM for $27.99. Not too shabby.

I doubt Suspriria will sell out as a pre-order, cuz they are making 60,000 copies. Maniac's LE is only 5,000, so it may...

Jason25
07-15-2001, 06:48 AM
Buy.com still kinda scares me. I have had a few problems with them in the past with them shipping the wrong dvds or charging me twice for purchases.

I wonder if 800.com or deepdiscountdvd.com have them for pre-order? Guess I'll have to check it out.

Andrew - I'm salivating over that Maniac LE, should be really sweet.

Andrew
07-16-2001, 03:05 AM
I've ordered probably more than 20 movies from BUY.COM and have never had a screw up, that's why I pimp 'em.

800.com has gotten surprisingly cheap lately, if you don't trust BUY I'd advise you check 'em out.

suspiria
07-16-2001, 03:16 AM
I'd use www.bestbuys.com or www.buy.com but being in Australia sux because these idiot retailers will not ship internationally!! :(

Jason25
07-16-2001, 05:59 PM
http://www.800.com/mv/movietitle.asp?p=5013383

800.com has Suspiria for preorder for $ 26.45

mutleyhyde
07-16-2001, 09:30 PM
Jason, 800.com customer service, I'm sure you know, kicks ass, big time! But DeepDiscountDVD has awesome prices and the free shipping going for it; and their customer service just seems to keep getting better and better. They have Maniac up for pre-order right now, at 24 for the LE, and 15 for the regular. Email them to put Suspiria up for pre-order. I emailed 'em about the new Hammers coming out, and they put 'em up. I bet they'd even match 800.com, and with the fre shipping... heyyyy!

Btw, we missed ya last night, and boyyy did you miss out!

Peace

Andrew
07-16-2001, 10:37 PM
Hehe, wait what happened last nite? I forget.

All I remember was Manic constantly accusing me of being MovieFan and Dave of being that angry Sarah chick.

Damn IP's, ya can never trust 'em.

AceRimRat
07-17-2001, 09:16 PM
I ordered from Amazon, because unlike the sites I usually order from, they had Suspiria and Opera listed, plus Basic Instinct and Total Recall, so I put all four on one order.

No Buy.com shilling, please, I hate telemarketers. ;)

napalm68
07-17-2001, 11:56 PM
I ordered it and Opera from Amazon. I have bought a LOT from them, with no problems.

Plus, Buy.com don't actually ship outside of the US...

Plus, no other online store had all the discs I wanted, available for preorder (Cat in the Brain, Opera, and Suspiria). And when I did my amazon order, I had the option of "sharing the love" (sounds pretty gay:)), and sending friends an extra 10% off. So my best friend ended up getting them for 35% off RRP, damn him. Plus I gave him a $10 promo GC, so boy, he really got a good deal on the three.

Ah well... Just a hint though if you are going to preorder, and want a bargain, let people here know. If I'd have known other people here who were wanting these when I placed my order, I could have sent them an extra 10% discount...

AceRimRat
07-18-2001, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by AceRimRat
I ordered from Amazon, because unlike the sites I usually order from, they had Suspiria and Opera listed, plus Basic Instinct and Total Recall, so I put all four on one order.

No Buy.com shilling, please, I hate telemarketers. ;)

DVD Empire finally caught up with the rest of the world and added Opera, so I switched my order to them - it's easier to keep track of with that Preorder Manager thing they have going. That, and I know they're rock-solid on preorders, whereas Amazon has occasionally whiffed on some of the more obscure stuff - I'd rather not chance these LEs on them, I decided.

I'm waffling. And it's not even breakfast time yet.

Yowie
07-18-2001, 10:40 PM
Those who live in Scandinavia might want to check out: www.proshop.dk , www.absurd-online.dk , or www.laserdisken.dk .