PDA

View Full Version : Four Flies On Grey Velvet

Mario77
07-15-2001, 06:20 AM
Okay, I know FLIES isn't a big favorite among many of us Argento fans, but I personally really like it. I think it's got some pretty fantastic visual flourishes and overall some great ideas. Yeah, it's got it's problems too; but man, I've always thought that dream sequence is just so g-damn cool!
So anyway my two questions to y'all are:

A) Does anyone else feel that "Four Flies On Grey Velvet" has got some great stuff going for it?

B) When I emailed Anchor Bay and asked if they had the rights to it, Michael Felsher replied that another company had the rights, but he didn't say who. I'm a little sad that AB won't be releasing it, but does anyone have any idea what company has the rights?:confused:

Jason25
07-15-2001, 06:23 AM
Great movie. Unfortunately, Paramount owns the rights.

Mario77
07-15-2001, 06:27 AM
Bummer... my worst fears confirmed. I had hoped that they no longer did. They are about the worst, I think, as far as giving quality releases to older horror movies. I betcha' they sit on it for a while and then, if then, they'll give it a bare-bones release. Oh well... :(

Jason25
07-15-2001, 06:32 AM
I agree. Paramount has definitely dropped the ball. I am still pissed that they are only releasing 2 Friday films each year and we still get cut versions, it sucks.

Mario77
07-15-2001, 06:44 AM
Dude, I know... I mean it's great to at least get them widescreen -- but two at a time, once a year... it's freakin' ridiculous! It makes me cry inside just thinking about all of those deleted scenes and FX footage that we're being deprived of. The least they could do is give an optional STEREO track on the first five films, but oh no, that would be giving consumers what they want.

crank
07-15-2001, 09:26 PM
If I remember correctly Paramount went so far as to state that they had NO plans to release Four Flies on DVD.

crank

mutleyhyde
07-15-2001, 09:43 PM
Martin Blythe of Paramount conducted a poll not too long ago over at the HTF. Four Flies was one of the most, if not the most, requested titles. The ferver even caused a bit of a backlash from jealous HTF conspiracy theorists who were afraid their requested titles were being overshadowed by Four Flies popularity. Here is Martin's initial response some weeks after the poll was closed...

Since some of you are getting agitated about the poll results, here is where we are. I submitted ALL the most requested titles, which came out between 40 and 50 in number. The list was well received here. The next step is to check out the state of the original materials and that can take a long time. Then we would move onto what bonus materials, if any, should be produced. In short, the list is the backbone of our catalog releases for 2002 and 2003. Even the real obscure titles (yeah, I'm thinking of Four Flies). So thanks everyone. The system is working.... Be patient.

I think they are definitely looking at getting this done.

If you want more news (and all the drama) of the Paramount poll, go here...
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=simplesearch&SearchIn=ALL&ForumChoice=ALL&SearchTerms=four+flies+velvet&BooleanAND=YES&SearchDate=ALL&SearchUser=&ExactName=no&File=temp-2452106-143954-G3s4.cgi&Total=10&StartAt=A:000002

Peace

NickyDoyle
07-15-2001, 10:04 PM
The thing that tears at me the most is the fact that Paramount will charge us an absurd price of $29.99 for a cut, bare bones release of Friday the 13th parts 1-8, WHICH THEY OWN THE RIGHTS TO, just because they know the fans want the films in DVD any way they can get it. :( Every bitches about MGM, but Paramount is being extremely unfair with the way they're treating fans of the F13 movies.

Paramount doesn't know what they're missing if they don't release Four Flies. Knowing them, they'll keep the rights just to hold off any other smaller company from releasing it. I really, really hope Paramount won't jerk us around, listen to the results of the before mentioned poll, and release Four Flies.

Done talking, I'm parched! ;)

Mario77
07-15-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde
Martin Blythe of Paramount conducted a poll not too long ago over at the HTF. Four Flies was one of the most, if not the most, requested titles. The ferver even caused a bit of a backlash from jealous HTF conspiracy theorists who were afraid their requested titles were being overshadowed by Four Flies popularity. Here is Martin's initial response some weeks after the poll was closed...

I think they are definitely looking at getting this done.

If you want more news (and all the drama) of the Paramount poll, go here...
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=simplesearch&SearchIn=ALL&ForumChoice=ALL&SearchTerms=four+flies+velvet&BooleanAND=YES&SearchDate=ALL&SearchUser=&ExactName=no&File=temp-2452106-143954-G3s4.cgi&Total=10&StartAt=A:000002

Peace

So I guess now, the main thing might be is to insure that they release it UNCUT and in STEREO, at the very least. I have a hard time envisioning Paramount giving us anything extra as far as supplements go. But who knows, maybe they'll pull something out of their butt and we'll all be pleasantly surprised. :rolleyes:
Anyway mutlehyde , I'm glad to hear some positive words on the matter. Thanks! :D Let's all keep our fingers crossed...

Yowie
07-15-2001, 11:14 PM
-And while they're at it, Paramount should get their finger out and release "The Tenant" also.