PDA

View Full Version : AB Collector's Tins

Mario77
07-16-2001, 10:18 AM
I personally get a kick out of the Collector's Tins from AB and think they're a fun idea (though I certainly can't always afford to get them). I know some like 'em and some hate 'em,
but for those of you that like 'em....
Do any of you have a good method for displaying and/or storing them conviniently? With the one's that I have, I just end up laying them horizontally upon a row of vertical DVDs and it's just not great looking. What do you guys do with yours? Any good ideas?

betterdan
07-16-2001, 01:20 PM
I have 3 of them the Beyond, Repo Man and Evil Dead 2. I got Evil Dead 2 and repo Man for 19.99 each at best buy but that's another story. Anyway I have 5 small dvd storage shelves kinda like small bookcases that I bought at Walmart for 19.95 each (now they are only 15.94 here's the link www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4049&product_id=872151&path=0:4044:4049:55069:4773&dept=4044 ). I keep the 3 tins on top of it laying horizontally for now but I'm trying to think of a way to stand them up without them falling over.;)

Jason25
07-16-2001, 06:42 PM
I love the Tins. I think AB is getting away from them, a mistake I believe.

I had a display rack made, and in the center it has grooves in which the Tins sit at an angle, it is pretty sweet. I think they are cool looking and wish more LE's were released in Tins.

AceRimRat
07-16-2001, 10:43 PM
I keep my DVD cases on a bookshelf with solid sides and back, so the ones I want to display, I just turn so the cover faces out.

Probably won't help unless you want to commit a bookshelf to the job, but it works nicely for me - I can store anything I want either way (cover or spine) without leaning stuff over or worrying about it falling off the side of a rack or something.

(I have the Hellraiser tin, but it also works for things like the Alien Legacy or NOES box sets or even any regular keepcase/snapper, but the box sets stick out from the back of the shelf further and look nicer.)

Andrew
07-16-2001, 11:34 PM
I'm really torn. I don't have any of AB's tins, I always heard bad things. Plus, I love the keepcases, they're just cool.

So now damn Dave had to say the Wicker Man LE ain't that great, so now maybe I won't waste my extra $10. Dammit I hate this.

Who thinks we should start a petition for keepcases inside the tins? That'd be great!

DVD Connoisseur
07-17-2001, 01:33 AM
....and have purchased every title released in this form so far (even Candy which broke from tradition, in that it came in a circular tin!).

I have them on a shelf with my other DVDs, spines facing out. I find they add a little character to the collection and are definitely a talking point.

I'll be disappointed if we've seen the last of the tins. I've my fingers crossed for tins of Bad Taste and Halloween IV.

skinnypuppy6
07-17-2001, 03:58 AM
tins kick ass i have evil dead 2 beyond hellraiser let sleeping corpses lie as well as the keep case versions of the beyond so it can stay in the fulci collection !!