PDA

View Full Version : S.I.C.K. (2004) a Quicky review.

shift
02-20-2004, 01:40 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00015HWXW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I hate typing long reviews, but consider this a Shift's QUICKY review. So here it goes:

This movie is about 4 friends (2 guys and 2 ladies) that go to 1 of the guys family cabin somewhere in Texas in the woods (noting like Cabin Fever, guys).

So anyways off they travel in a Isuzu Rodeo and then stoping at a little country bar before getting to a cabin to get a couple of brews they pick up a hitchicker (chic) b/c she got into a fight w/ someone (a trucker) at the bar.

Anyways the movie goes on and they arrive at the cabin and chill out.

Its about a clown out in the woods stalking them 5 (2 guys, 2 ladies and 1 lady hitchiker). To find out 1 of the guys girlfriend goes missing after a little booty call.

They put out a search and no1 else to get help from due to being 12 miles away from a town and no cell phone signal. Anyways the clown eats / cook human flesh. This is one of them movies where they are all in on it type kind.

WAS THERE ANY OTHER GOODIES FEATURED ON THE DISK?:
I have no idea b/c after watching the movie I really did not care. ;)

HOW IS THE QUALITY/TRANSFER?:
Quality of the movie is a B movie for sure and on a low budget. It is full screen. I give it two out of five stars for trying. But it was not to bad , minus the acting. Story line is cool though, but you kind of figure out what happens. Not to many kills though....

+ Oh forgot to mention I would not watch it again. Give it a spin for a RENTAL and that's it!!

So I give it :fuck: :fuck: out of :fuck: :fuck: :fuck: :fuck: :fuck: :cool:

speanroc
02-20-2004, 06:10 PM
cool review ,think i'll check it out

Katatonia
02-20-2004, 07:02 PM
I rented this the other night. I kind of enjoyed the first 30 minutes, and I kind of hated the rest of it. It had some decent moments at times, but some of it was just crap. The plot had a heck of a lot of holes in it.

As for the extras, I think the only extra on the DVD was the trailer...then again this was an Artisan release. I liked the original title of the movie which was "Grim Weekend". Crappy coverart and crappy re-title... :o

Hellbilly
02-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Cannibalistic Clown? This could have been good ...

Cool review shift :)

shift
02-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Wait fellas.. if you are hopeing to see a clown eat people its not it.

It is what the storyline is about, but it does not show no chopping and cooking human flesh. I don't want to put anyone on the wrong track, but yea the clown loves human meat... just that all it shows you is maybe a not cooked pork chop or 3 . ;)

onebyone
02-21-2004, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the review. I was like so close to buying it and now you saved me from possible disaster. I will be renting it instead.

bigdaddyhorse
03-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Don't waste any $ even renting this piece of shit!
It is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen!

shift
03-13-2004, 04:52 AM
Oh I seen way worse. To name a few:

Sasquach

Vicious (not even Tom Savini could save this POS)

I enjoyed it, but as you see I only gave it 2 middle fingers. So this is just a toss up. But really there are way worse movies I seen in the past. ABove are examples to name a few :eek2:

H0MOSareGAY
03-18-2004, 08:30 AM
I gave it a spin last night, about half way through the movie I was wanting to do something else... I ended up watching it, but then I put in Schindler's List and kinda forgot about it for a while. Acting wasn't as horrible as I expected though, it was pretty bad, but not totally unwatchable, added a little humor. Ending was stupid, you could see it coming from a mile away (which is saying something, considering other obvious endings I've been fooled by) Definitely rent before you buy.

bigdaddyhorse
03-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Oh I seen way worse. To name a few:

Sasquach

Vicious (not even Tom Savini could save this POS)

I have to disagree. Although Vicious DID indeed suck majorly, it was still better than S.H.I.T. IMO. Savini should be ashamed of himself for being in it though.
Now if there had been a horrible CGI clown, it would at least get some comic charm to it (which is why I like Vicious better, I laughed during that, I just hateed life watching S.H.I.T.). Also, Savini is at least part-way a real actor. In S.H.I.T. I just wanted the entire no talent cast to die for real!
Never seen Sasquach, and probably never will (unless it has horrible CGI, I might get it to laugh at if that's the case :lol: ).
The only movie really close to sucking this bad is Da Hip Hop Witch.

moogong
03-21-2004, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the opinions on this guys..it will avoided.