PDA

View Full Version : Dial Help

Jason25
07-19-2001, 07:09 AM
Has anyone seen this Deodato film? It is just about the only Deodato film that I haven't seen. Can anyone tell me if it is worth seeing? Is it out on dvd? Thanks

boyd1955
07-19-2001, 10:19 AM
Jason
Keep well away from "Dial Help"... Rent it if you must... But don't waste money on buying it... It is a truely awful film about a killer telephone... 1 out of 10... The trailer is much better than the movie... See that instead you'll only waste 3 minutes of your life instead of an hour and a half

Jason25
07-20-2001, 02:04 AM
boyd, thanks. Sounds pretty bad. I'll stay away from this one.

Yowie
07-20-2001, 11:33 AM
I've only bothered to see it once, and I know it's not a very good movie (over at IMDb every reviewer hates it), but it's really not as bad as it's being made out to be. Granted, a story about a killer telephone may sound outrageous, but there are some nice bathtub scenes with the ever lovely Charlotte Lewis, so who cares. (-Whatever happened to her, by the way ?.) I suppose, seen with modern eyes a story about a, say, murderous cell-phone (!) that keeps turnning up in odd places would have a scarier ring to it (only joking), but nevertheless, if it's the only Deodato horror movie left you haven't seen check it out if you should stumble across it. It deserves to be seen the one time, and then (most likely) never again.

NickyDoyle
07-20-2001, 06:19 PM
To get off the subject for a tiny bit, but a least Deodato is getting a little more scope in the DVD market. First off, Grindhouse is releaseing Cannibal Holocaust for the US market, and Anchor Bay is releasing Cut and Run next year. Hopefully, someone will release Jungle Holocaust and The Phantom of Death (heard it was good at least).

Yowie, I love the idea of a killer cell phone. Then again, with scientist finding out more about the radiation given off by cell phones, maybe the idea isn't so far fetched!:p