PDA

View Full Version : Hammer's The Mummy coming to DVD

jae
07-19-2001, 04:22 PM
I just read on another board that Warner has decided to release The Mummy on October 2nd (same day or around the time that Universal releases The Mummy Returns i believe)..

Thats interesting because I've heard that they planned on releasing this and Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein.. Maybe this is the first of the 3? Hmm..

mutleyhyde
07-20-2001, 02:03 AM
A little more info, okay? Where did you read this? You got a link? Was there any mention of region? We've been hearing rumors for awhile about r2 releases of these, but nothing about r1. Not jumpin' on ya bud, just lookin' for some clarification.

jae
07-20-2001, 04:56 PM
I post some great news and look at what I get!! :) I read it at the Sinister Cinema board.. the post is at sinister cinema (http://www.sinistercinema.com/wwwboard/messages/17679.htm)

And thats all I know..

Originally posted by mutleyhyde
A little more info, okay? Where did you read this? You got a link? Was there any mention of region? We've been hearing rumors for awhile about r2 releases of these, but nothing about r1. Not jumpin' on ya bud, just lookin' for some clarification.

carl.kolchak
07-20-2001, 05:32 PM
Thanks jae!:D dvddrive-in has a small blurb too, 10/2 release, $19.98 MSRP, looks like a bare-bones disc but if the transfer looks as good as the dvds of older films like N X NW or The Time Machine I'll be very happy!:)

mutleyhyde
07-20-2001, 07:26 PM
I knew ya had it in ya Jae! Didn't mean to be too hard on ya, but with the nature of the internet, I am very leery of rootless information. Looks like there is certainly cred to this, even being reported by Dvddrive-by (Thanks Carl), which of course makes me a happy bastard.

Good job Jae! :D

Andrew
07-21-2001, 12:14 AM
NTSC? R1?

mutleyhyde
07-21-2001, 01:44 AM
Well, DVDDrive-in is reporting an msrp of $19.98; that's U.S. dollars. We'll see.

Chucky P
07-22-2001, 01:33 AM
Now if only Columbia would release The Curse Of The Mummy's Tomb all of the Mummy movies would be on dvd and I'll be a happy fellow :)