PDA

View Full Version : Tromeo and Juliet

Zombie Keeper
01-10-2001, 11:13 PM
Is Tromeo(sp) and Juliet from Troma any good?

The DVD looks intruiging but after sitting through Redneck Zombies, I'm hesatent to purchase a Troma film.

------------------
Zombie Keeper
Zombie Keepers Crypt (http://www.geocities.com/zombie_keeper/)
Horror Movie Reviews

mutleyhyde
01-11-2001, 02:20 AM
Well, RZ isn't really a Troma movie, but most of Troma's original output wasn't much better in the production values department anyway. A little better, but not much. I mean, at least they do film indoors with lighting and real mikes. I actually liked RZ, for what it was. Anyway, Tromeo and Juliet is one of Troma's most, if not the most, kick-ass films **COUGH, cough - hack** I mean flicks in their library. But that's just my opinion. But do yourself a BIG favor, and rent it first. Troma IS NOT for everybody!

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

jeffschmidt
01-11-2001, 05:23 AM
Ok, first of all, RZ is better than Citizen Kane http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

That said, Tromeo & Juliet is really cool, IMO. I love Lemmy from Motorhead as the narrator! A fun movie, & I think it may have predated the DiCraprio R&J, which makes it even better. (feel free to correct me on that last point, I'm not sure of it)

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

Mark Relford
01-11-2001, 06:02 AM
I enjoyed Tromeo and Juliet. Their best movie since Class of Nuke 'EM High. Take M. Hyde's advice and rent it first.
If you enjoyed it, I recommend checking out Combat Shock, Mother's Day, and Cannibal: The Musical. (My favorite non-Troma flicks.)

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

Myron Breck
09-01-2004, 05:05 PM
OKay, I'm bringing this one back from the grave!

I bought a used copy of TROMEO & JULIET since I'd always heard it was pretty cool. But when I put it in my player, the Deleted Scenes menu pops up and that's it. I don't seem to be able to get to a Main Menu screen from there either. Urgh.

Has anyone else had this issue? I tried several players to no avail.

I know Troma is NOT synonymous with Quality, but come on!

Deus Ex Machina
09-01-2004, 05:29 PM
I'd say if you watch closely Tromeo and Juliet stays pretty close to the original Shakespear play while still updating it for a mid-90s audience....definetly one of Kaufman's best

Surf Nazi
09-01-2004, 05:32 PM
horrible fucking movie and entirely overrated.

fcalderon
09-01-2004, 05:52 PM
I always read "Mother's Day" is one of the best Troma movies. Never watched "Tromeo & Juliet" though.

Franco

Shannafey
09-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Well, RZ isn't really a Troma movie, but most of Troma's original output wasn't much better in the production values department anyway. A little better, but not much. I mean, at least they do film indoors with lighting and real mikes. I actually liked RZ, for what it was. Anyway, Tromeo and Juliet is one of Troma's most, if not the most, kick-ass films **COUGH, cough - hack** I mean flicks in their library. But that's just my opinion. But do yourself a BIG favor, and rent it first. Troma IS NOT for everybody!

I go with what Mutley says, and I'm a big Troma fan, so I'm a bit bias as well. I hated Redneck Zombies, as I do most of the films Troma picks up for distribution, but their home grown stuff is damn fun to watch!!

Nightbreed
09-02-2004, 03:04 AM
one of my fav's from troma each troma release has it's up's and downs i just ordered Cannibal: The Musical which is excellent and the 2 disc unrated Terror Firmer im a sucker for troma movies.

Damage
09-02-2004, 03:13 AM
OKay, I'm bringing this one back from the grave!

I bought a used copy of TROMEO & JULIET since I'd always heard it was pretty cool. But when I put it in my player, the Deleted Scenes menu pops up and that's it. I don't seem to be able to get to a Main Menu screen from there either. Urgh.

Has anyone else had this issue? I tried several players to no avail.

I know Troma is NOT synonymous with Quality, but come on!

I bought a used copy of this title and had a tough time of it as well. Sometimes it would load, sometimes not... A bit of a game, really. I watched it a few times but ended up selling it a while later. Lemmy, as usual, was cool as hell. This is the only Troma-produced title I've seen although, I do remember renting Redneck Zombies about twelve years ago. That flick had one of the best lines ever...

First Redneck - "You goin' fishin'?"
Second Redneck - "Yep."
First Redneck - "You got worms?"
Second Redneck - "Yep. But I'm goin' fishin' anyways."

Surf Nazi
09-02-2004, 03:32 AM
I bought a used copy of this title and had a tough time of it as well. Sometimes it would load, sometimes not... A bit of a game, really. I watched it a few times but ended up selling it a while later. Lemmy, as usual, was cool as hell. This is the only Troma-produced title I've seen although, I do remember renting Redneck Zombies about twelve years ago. That flick had one of the best lines ever...

First Redneck - "You goin' fishin'?"
Second Redneck - "Yep."
First Redneck - "You got worms?"
Second Redneck - "Yep. But I'm goin' fishin' anyways."
You do know that line was ripped off from a Three Stooges bit, right?

Damage
09-02-2004, 04:34 AM
You do know that line was ripped off from a Three Stooges bit, right?

Ripped off... or paid homage to? :p

Evil Dead Guy
09-02-2004, 04:49 AM
Toxic Avenger is by far the best Troma movie in my opinion .

legnadibrom
09-02-2004, 10:32 AM
every troma DVD i have seen looks and navigates like shit,
but "tromeo and juliet" is fun,
and that cappie capulet guy is unequaled