PDA

View Full Version : What's this movie?

Mario77
07-22-2001, 01:50 AM
Okay, here's a question for everyone.
I rented this movie (Euro-horror, I'm pretty sure) several times in the early 80's and I haven't seen it since. I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me and I'm pretty sure this is one that many of us have probably seen. In my mind's eye, I'd say it was Fulci-esque and I must admit, I feel a modicum of shame for having to ask what movie this is.
Here's the visual details I remember:

An old, abandoned two story HAUNTED house (no, it's not HBTC, there's no Dr. Freudstein here).

Young people fooling around in it (of course).

A priest involved here somewhere (?)

A round table-saw blade that launches off of the machine into somebody's head or stomach.

And I believe somebody's head get's cooked and explodes in a microwave.

Okay, that's all I can muster from my clunker of a brain. The date of origin of this film is late 70's / early 80's

Thanks in advance for your help.:D

Mark Relford
07-22-2001, 08:56 AM
Superstition?

Mario77
07-22-2001, 12:26 PM
Yes!! That's it!! Thank you! That was driving me crazy trying to remember it. I guess it's Canadian and not Euro. I bet it's not as good as I remember it being. What do you think? When's the last time you saw it?

Trout
07-22-2001, 05:00 PM
The only thing I remember about this film is the microwave, and someone having a spike nailed into their head while their body starts to spasm.

Mark Relford
07-23-2001, 08:42 AM
I also remember the microwave scene, but that's about it. The cover art on the VHS was cool. (A shadowy, menacing figure in a robe.) It reminded me of an old Creepy cover.