PDA

View Full Version : When did this one get so rare?

Paff
04-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Not a lot of activity here lately...

Saw this whilst searching E-Bay. $43 for The Bird With the Crystal Plumage??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=381&item=4182961186&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

And it's a poster (or former poster) here selling it!

killit
04-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Search me, It's a good disc, but the Italian dvd is suppose to be quite nice... I still like lasers quite a bit, I miss my collection badly. Shit, I even miss colour noise sometimes, though all of roan's dario argento collection has very little. It is the best laserdisc version obvioulsy. Who knows the why this guy bought it. You should email him, though, it may bring on a case of buyers remorse

wizzer
04-23-2004, 03:18 PM
i have a version of this on dvd but if i remember correctly it's presented in a croped off 1.85 format. you can clearly see the credits all chopped up in the beginning but it is widescreen :hum: is the italian dvd 2.35?

killit
04-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Yes, It's suppopse to be. I think thejapanese dvd may be cropped to 1851. I know the japanese laserdisc was. I briefly had the roan dvd of bird, I'm pretty sure that was also 2351. Though I only watched it once before all the controversy started about that disc, then I just stuck to the laser.

Paff
04-23-2004, 05:41 PM
There was also a 2.35:1 Laserdisc released by Image, that wasn't bad either.

The Roan disc is really nice, but nothing amazing. The only extra is a trailer. I like my copy, it's more than watchable, but I think I spent $15 on it. I could never see going damn near $50 for it. But hey, Werner, if you're still reading posts here, more power to ya.