PDA

View Full Version : Suspiria Question

keith70
07-27-2001, 08:48 AM
I'm new, so please forgive me if this has been asked, but it seems that everyone is getting the limited edition dvd of Suspiria. If only a limited number has been pressed, than what happens if the preorders exceed that number? I'm asking because I'm starting to worry that I might not be able to get a limited edition copy. I have to have the Goblin cd. By the way, does anyone else get the Goblin themes stuck in their heads for days at a time? After I first saw Suspiria, I had the main theme in my head for two weeks. The same thing with the Deep Red song. You know the one. The one with the high pitched keyboard sound. Even the music they did for Fulci's Zombie stuck in my head for days. I'm usually bad at remembering songs, but Goblin is just an incredible contribution to the films they score. The only soundtrack they did that didn't stand out for me was for Dawn of the Dead.

ArrowBeach
07-27-2001, 10:40 AM
Actually I wouldnt worry about missing out on the LT edition thing. I mean if you liek the film, you can always pick up the regular DVD, all you are getting in the LT edition is a CD, which you can buy at buy.com or cdnow.

NMA
07-27-2001, 10:47 AM
At first, I pre-ordered the limited edition but now, for the same price, I pre-ordered both suspiria and opera. The limiteds won't be packaged in tin and trust me, it doesn't worth...

Mattster
07-27-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ArrowBeach
Actually I wouldnt worry about missing out on the LT edition thing. I mean if you liek the film, you can always pick up the regular DVD, all you are getting in the LT edition is a CD, which you can buy at buy.com or cdnow.

You are also getting the new documentary.

Paff
07-27-2001, 06:32 PM
Actually, it's a good question, and I've wondered about it myself.

The other option to pre-ordering is the retail store. Remember, they're the ones who get priority over individual users, so a certain amount of copies will DEFINITELY be going to Tower, Best Buy, Fry's, or whatever your local chains are.
Trust me, I still see tins of Repo Man, The Beyond, or whatever at these places, and the serial number is a LOT lower than what I got when I pre-ordered. You pay a lot more, but you get the disc, which is really what counts in the end.

I'm dirt-poor right now, and really can't pre-order anything, so I hope this plan works.

Andrew
07-27-2001, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I was worried too, but then I remembered the same thing Paff did. I still haven't pre-ordered any of them, but I will quite soon. If they become out of stock, I'll be at Tower or Suncoast on the 11th (I think?).

NMA
07-27-2001, 10:16 PM
Don't worry... Believe & trust me that for a long time, they will be available 50.000, 60.000 copies!!!! Phew! To me, it is ridiculous to call them "limited"...

betterdan
07-28-2001, 06:03 PM
I agree with NMA. These companies are full of shit when they put out a limited edition of that amount. Everybody was so damn scared the Akira tin would be sold out but I see it everywhere. I also still see the older tins a lot of places (except for the hellraiser tin). Don't get me wrong I love the tins and stuff but damn why do they have to feed us this bullshit? I don't plan on spending extra just for a damn documentary they should have included with the regular version and I don't need the cd. Oh well more money for other movies and I really only want the new transfer and DTS sound on Suspiria anyway.
Thank you and good day :)

MovieFan
07-29-2001, 12:09 AM
Suspiria LE will be out in 60,000 copies. Think they'll be around for a while? I wouldn't think so. I'd say all 60,000 copies will be gone within a month.

Everybody was so damn scared the Akira tin would be sold out but I see it everywhere. I also still see the older tins a lot of places (except for the hellraiser tin).

And where the hell do you live? Everywhere I go now, all tins were sold out fast. At the Tower I went to, they only got 20 Akira LEs, and all sold out pretty fast. Copies all over Las Vegas got snatched up pretty fast. I estimate over 50,000 copies of the tin were sold on the first day (I'm adding in all the many pre-orders too).

Don't get me wrong I love the tins and stuff but damn why do they have to feed us this bullshit? I don't plan on spending extra just for a damn documentary they should have included with the regular version and I don't need the cd.

Cause we are, and I quote, DVD COLLECTORS. We COLLECT DVDs, and the fact that it's in a limited edition and has an extra hour documentary and CD, we buy it. I love Suspiria and I'm buying the LE cause I don't have the CD for one and I would like to see the hour documentary. If you don't like this bullshit, then you know what you can do? You can stop complaining and just buy the movie-only edition.

Also, at 800.com, you could get both Suspiria and Opera LEs for $26 each, which is a pretty damn good deal imo.

Andrew
07-29-2001, 12:13 AM
MovieFan: the Akira tin is EVERYWHERE here in Maryland for around $30 (that's what I payed).

Also, I still see The Beyond and Hellraiser tins around, but that's pretty much it.

betterdan
07-29-2001, 01:17 AM
I'm in Virginia and yes it's very easy to find the akira tin and the others. Sorry Movie fan to upset you but I think it IS bullshit to put out limited editions of 60,000. I will just buy the movie only version and I am a collector but I don't like paying too much either. Again I'm sorry if I upset you but I have a right to bitch just like anyone else. Have a good night ;)

Zombie Keeper
07-29-2001, 05:56 PM
I doubt pre-order sales will eclipse the 60,000 mark. It would be great for AB if they did, but I doubt it.

rhett
07-29-2001, 07:14 PM
Every single tin AB has released are still in stock at most large outlets in Alberta here. I picked up the Hellraiser tin on a clearance sale, so since I am hard pressed for cash I just might do that with Opera. I really want the LE editions of The Wicker Man and Suspiria, but they run close to 50 bucks here in Canada, which is money I don't have. :(

joltaddict
07-30-2001, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by MovieFan
Suspiria LE will be out in 60,000 copies. Think they'll be around for a while? I wouldn't think so. I'd say all 60,000 copies will be gone within a month.

Thats insane. 60,000 DVDs will not be sold in a month. They may not sell them all PERIOD.

mutleyhyde
07-30-2001, 03:31 AM
Moving to Euro-Horror.

Evil Twin
07-30-2001, 04:37 AM
I bought the deluxe version of Suspiria and was sad to see the colors were all wrong; everything was blue! Can I get my money back or at least a replacement of some Argento movie where his daughter does'nt get fucked silly as the camera leers?

AceRimRat
07-30-2001, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Evil Twin
Can I get my money back or at least a replacement of some Argento movie where his daughter does'nt get fucked silly as the camera leers?

Oh, that is so wrong. :p

David666
07-30-2001, 07:09 PM
Manhunter was a limited edition of 100,000... not sure about other places, but here you can hardly find it.

Halloween (2 disc)
Hellraiser (tin)
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (tin)

Are pretty hard to come by, if not impossible. Though 60,000 may seem like a large number, consider the large crowd DVDs in general are catered to. We're talking millions of people and not all of them may be aware of the limited editions or have the money to purchase them upon their initial release. With that in mind, I'd say it's very safe to call a pressing of 60,000... limited. Not everyone will get to have one for any number of reasons. Call it a privilage, luck or whatever you want... a limited edition is essentially exactly that... a version not everyone will have. That's what makes it special.

:D

johnmar
08-02-2001, 07:42 PM
I'm in Vancouver, Canada, and I see tons of Repo Man tins and occasionally The Beyond and a few others. The LE of 60,000 is misleading because that only applies to the US. There are additional copies made for Canada. Usually, it's a lot less but there are more. Let's face it, they want to sell as many LE's as possible. I don't mind but why call them LE's? They should just have two versions of the film available. Actually, I don't know if this is true in the US but here only the LE's are available for the first month or so! For a while, the only way to get the movie is the purchase the LE, which typically costs over $50. Incidentally, Suspiria will be more than $60, which is why I pre-ordered it from Amazon. Even with the exchange, it's a lot cheaper.