PDA

View Full Version : Scimitar Singles (aka I got Jack Frost)

TobalRox
12-27-2000, 10:42 PM
I went to my local media play, and they are trying to get rid of all their scimitar DVDs. They just list them as Scimitar Singles. I got Jack Frost and The Surgeon. I'm going back to see what else they have. Anyone else have similar things at the place they go to? if not, I'm willing to get some for people if they want anything. I'll try and get a full list if I can. Also, do you think I should pick up some extras to eBay?

------------------
"It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

Dave
12-28-2000, 02:18 AM
I was going to order Jack Frost but if you can get me a copy that'd be cool. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

Jason25
12-28-2000, 02:31 AM
I was planning on hitting my local Media Play tomorrow. I'll let you know what kind of selection they have.

TobalRox
12-28-2000, 04:41 AM
whoever would like anything, e-mail me at TobalRox@yahoo.com or you can ICQ me at 348909. I also am on AIM with the screen name TobalRox, but I'm not on all that often lately.

------------------

TobalRox
12-29-2000, 06:09 AM
Well, I went back to Media Play today, and just went all out. Anything that seemed remotely horror I bought. Here's the list:
Night Train of Terror
Jessica: A Ghost Story
2 pack: The Surgeon and The Skinner (I got the last one of the two packs, but there are plenty of the Surgeon left)
Bay of Blood
Sweet Evil
Breeders
The Wind
Werewolf

I also got some old Jackie Chan movies and a couple other crappy looking action movies (I'm a sucker for deals). That was pretty much all the horror, there were a lot more that were mystery, action, comedy, adult. If you want a more complete list, let me know, and if you're interested in anything, also let me know. Oh and another note, I already picked up the Surgeon yesterday, so if anyone is interested in my extra copy, please let me know. There were still plenty of everything left there at the store, even Jack Frost.

------------------

chrishicks
12-30-2000, 02:40 AM
I just bought Jack Frost at my local Media Play for $4.50. Not a bad bad deal since the lasedisc cost me $8.00.

ArrowBeach
12-30-2000, 01:57 PM
JACK FORST, what a film! how can you not forget the scene where Shannon Elizabeth gets raped ot death by Frosty, as he uses a carrot as a penis causing I assume mass damage on Shannon's you know what as Frosty keeps pumping away! BIZARRE!!!!!

TobalRox
12-31-2000, 08:56 AM
well, about 2 days ago I ordered Jack Frost 2 from 800.com, and what do you know,it's already here. That was amazingly fast, especially when so many people are complaining about this DVD or that DVD being late (of course, I'm sure this wasn't a big seller, so they were more than happy to get rid of it). ANyway, I watched it tonight, and boy was I in for a treat. It was even cheesier than the first one if you can believe that. My one question is, was some of it shot on video, because it just didn't seem like film to me at times (kind of odd that it jumped back and forth between quality). Surprising number of features on the disc too, esp. compared to the first disc.

------------------

fishhead
12-31-2000, 08:13 PM
TobalRox,

Yes, much of it was shot on High Definition Video. The director talks about it on the commentary and he seems to think it looks like film. To me, no way.

I got mine from 800.com too after pre-ordering it at express.com and then watching it remain on 'pre-order' status a week after it was released. I've finally given up on them for good.

But yeah, the movie is a lot of cheesy fun. I loved the baby snowballs and the real cheesy CGI http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

TobalRox
12-31-2000, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I hadn't watched the commentary yet, thanks. It's a very noticable difference when it goes between the two different qualities, and it definitely does NOT look like film, oh well. Kind of adds to the cheesiness :-) I'm having a new years party tonight, so we may watch it again, who knows :-)

------------------