PDA

View Full Version : Bird With The Crystal Plumage ?

DVDBone
07-31-2001, 10:53 PM
I purchased the VCI DVD of "The Bird With The Crystal Plumage" a few months ago and it turned out to be one from the first pressing ... the one with the misplaced frames during the panty ripping scene and the low volume throughout. I was wondering if anybody has ever contacted VCI and received a replacement from the second pressing. It's not a big deal, but I wouldn't mind having the corrected DVD. This movie is great IMHO and the DVD is very well done.

I also want to say thank you to everybody at HorrorDVDs. I have been a fan of horror for the past 16 or so years, but was never exposed to any European Horror. After reading some of the reviews and forum posts last year, I decided to give Eurohorror a try and am now a huge fan. I like Argento the best so far, but Fulci and Bava are also great. Thanks!!

Mattster
07-31-2001, 11:43 PM
VCI won't replace the DVD but if you had sent it backfor a refund to the company you bought it from, you could have purchased the second pressing from a site that carries it.

Andrew
08-01-2001, 02:10 AM
I love this movie.

I have no problem with the DVD, although I may have one from the "first pressings".

Someone tell me when the panty-ripping scene should be, so I know if I've got the right one (probably not, I bought it at Tower Records for $15).

Mattster
08-01-2001, 02:15 AM
A much easier way to tell is to look at the back of the cover and see if it says "Susperia." Only the DVDs from the first pressing say this.

Jason25
08-01-2001, 09:13 AM
DVDBone - glad to hear you enjoy Eurohorror. Definitely check out Soavi, Deodato, Lenzi, Grau, L. Bava, Rollin, Martino, Franco, to name a few. They have all made some excellent films, and many of them are showing up on dvd. Fulci and Lenzi are my favorite.

I like the VCI Bird disc. I think VCI has put out some nice discs, especially the Bava set, I love that.

Andrew
08-01-2001, 08:20 PM
I scoured the back of the case, and couldn't find "Susperia" or "Suspiria", so I guess I have the right one.

Yeah, I'm happy with all 3 VCI DVDs I have. Blood and Black Lace is slowly becoming one of my favorite older flicks, and although I don't really like The Whip and the Body, I appreciate the effort that went into the disc.

Mario77
08-08-2001, 11:57 AM
I'm having a freak-out here. I hadn't noticed anything different on my VCI DVD (the dreaded "Susperia" one) from the Roan laserdisc that I also have. I haven't looked at the laser in a while...
What are the "misplaced frames in the panty ripping scene" all about? I guess I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison. I haven't noticed anything bad about the sound on the DVD either. It sounds like a realtively decent syntesized 5.1 stereo track. Anyone have problems with the first pressing DVD with the 'Susperia" typo on it? I need to compare note here...

suspiria
08-09-2001, 05:09 AM
How can you recommend EuroHorror titles without first mentioning Mario Bava, the GODFATHER and BIG DADDY of EuroHorror!!

mutleyhyde
08-09-2001, 05:39 AM
You must have been out of class that day Suspy. ;)

Andrew
08-09-2001, 06:22 PM
Where does it say "Susperia"??? Mine doesn't even say Suspiria.

Mattster
08-09-2001, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by AndrewBBD
Where does it say "Susperia"??? Mine doesn't even say Suspiria.

Then you have the correct DVD. VCI didn't correct "Susperia," they just removed it. Why? I don't know.